Beauty Moments Spa- Let Your Nails Talk

One thing that I've noticed is between being a teacher, tutor, freelancer and blogger,  I barely have time to myself. I read a post by another blogger (Lutfiyya Shaik) who mentioned the trials and tribulations faced by us bloggers who give up our free time to produce content without getting remuneration for the work we produce and I stop to think, should the time we do dedicate to a blog post not be celebrated and appreciated? Meaning: we took the time out of our busy schedule to post without any knowledge of whether it will reach the masses or whether or not the people who we post for will actually appreciate our efforts . That should alone receive an applause if not a standing ovation! So as I type this while watching "To All The Boys I've Loved Before", let me write a love note to myself to applaud myself for the hard work I've put into everything I've done this month. Good news, I will have my work published in Bangalore! Wow!!!

Now comes my apology (much in alignment with the movie). I apologize to all my readers for my delay. The reason this particular blog post got delayed (my letter wasn't delivered)  was because I had barely found the time to write being overly busy with exams and one too many tuition sessions this past few weeks. Also a job opportunity to write for Innovate overseas cropped up and I just couldn't say no. So excited to share my piece with you guys! Like with most things my blog had to take a back seat (being a mere hobby) and I had to prioritize. Like the blog, another thing that always suffers the consequences of an overly busy schedule is my nails (particularly the nails on my hands). I figured they spend so much time getting wet because of wudhu  (washing before every prayer), of course washing the dishes and cooking that there's no point in tending to them. Right? Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your nails are actually one on the first things that does the talking for you. While you might think its okay to have eekky grim in your nail buds, you are wrong! Your nails could actually show a lack of confidence on your part and make you look less sophisticated. I liaised with Sipho Sibanda from the Beauty Moments Spa before my trip to Bali but had only managed to schedule my appointment to try out the spa in September (duty calls). I was lucky enough to catch the spa at the time when they were having a manicure and pedicure promotion and I was treated to a manicure so my nails could finally do the talking. It had been just about a year since my last manicure (having done one for my wedding) and I was in dire need of some NAIL TLC.




Setting the Scene
As I type this my nails still remain well buffed and shiny and its going to be a month since my treatment. So where is the Beauty Moments Spa? Well, the spa boasts itself as a luxury spa being situated at the Parkwood Hotel in Rosebank, Johannesburg. Being a stone throw away from the Rosebank mall, the spa lives up to the Rosebank posh-ness and splendor. The spa like most hotel spas, offers an escape from the monotony of one's daily life. One thing you would notice is most gigantic hotels house small spas. The reason being: a hotel spa in particular need not be overly fancy that you lose the plot of your visit in the first place. A quint, little spa nestled in between trees is all you need to enjoy relaxation at its best. If you recall my visit to the Chill Pepper Boutique Hotel in Nelspruit, the in-house spa too was tiny and simple in comparison to the splendor of the hotel.  Similarly with the Beauty Moments Spa- it is cozy and just ideal for relaxing and enjoying treatment after treatment.

The spa embodies elements from the Parkwood Hotel like the use of an antique glass animal head on the back wall of the spa. It is a simple white washed and grey spa with hints of nature related paintings. The nail paints on the entrance wall and the scarves tied up for sale infuse a sense of brightness and gives the spa the colour it needs.






What sets the spa apart? 
Well, Sipho carries with her more than 8 years worth of experience.  As a therapist she is friendly and relate-able. She is easy to converse with and from the onset of one's treatment you can already notice that you are getting your money's worth. Sipho talks you through her treatments and is ever ready to answer any treatment-related questions that you may have. The key element of any spa is entrusting your body (be it your hands, feet or back and neck) to a therapist and you need to know that you will be well taken care of. With Sipho, your pampering needs are placed in trustworthy hands. This therapist for one makes you comfortable enough to wish to visit the spa more regularly.

Thereafter the spa has a database of clientele who come rather frequently and trust Sipho's choice and style so much that they often opt for a nail paint colour they initially didn't want because Sipho is carrying the colour so well.  I too was coxed into applying a coat of nail paint just because of how attractive Sipho's nails were when I visited that I just couldn't resist the urge to have my nails painted too. Having someone who is good at what they do paint your nails now that's a score!

Sipho uses her own pictures to endorse the spa. There is no pictures copied from the internet to draw attention to her spa. She relies on her own work and features either her own nails or the nails of her clients to provide an authentic indication of what service you will gain from the spa. No filters or edits necessary!!!







The treatment
Lo and Behold a treatment like no other. The treatment starts slightly different to other manicures that I've personally experienced. Usually the therapist will start with an exfoliating cleanse of your hand before the actual filing, pushing cuticles back and buffing processes. At The Beauty Moments Spa, the trimming, filling and pushing cuticles back processes usually happens first before the ritual hand cleanse. The reason Sipho does it in this order makes tons of sense. In actuality by filing and trimming your nails, you are actually getting more dirt back on your hands so why not cleanse after? Attention is paid on getting the right shape for your nail and hand type. Sipho is very gentle in her treatment and is in no way demeaning. She tolerated my overly small hands and nails without commenting on how obviously small they are. I particularly liked that. At most of the other places that I went for manicures to, I was constantly reminded just how tiny my hands and nails were which dampened my spirits slightly but not here. Sipho's years of expertise shows as she guides you through potential nail shapes and nail colours that will suit the warmness or coolness of differing skin tones.  She is gentle on the cuticles as she gets them all back perfectly. I particularly enjoyed the exfoliation cleanse and the way my hands smelt as gorgeous as they felt after.



The last step of the manicure process was the buffing and painting. The paint Sipho uses namely OPI nail paint is of a range that dries rather quickly. I'm the worst when it comes to waiting for nail paint to dry and always look for ways to busy myself when my nails are painted but the post treatment chat with Sipho allowed my nails to dry before I got ready to up and leave with freshly painted nails and more confidence in my step.  I chose a shiny light pink nail paint to go with my outfit. I wanted the ultra shine but I didn't want a bold Spring colour. I was confident that even with a paler shade, my nails would speak the loudest and I was right!




Motto of the spa
Walk in, float out..... The spa's motto reminds me of the analogy of a butterfly for some reason. I felt like I had walked into the spa with chewed up nails that were all of varying lengths with too many lines in each one (just like a Caterpillar) and after my treatment I floated out with confidence, well polished and shiny nails just like a pretty butterfly. You do feel the difference after every treatment and I dare you to float out looking and feeling your best...................

The spa is opened on Tuesdays to Saturdays and can open on Sundays based on appointments.

Contact:  0110780176
0739590455
siphos@beautymoments.co.za

OR

Visit: https://www.beautymoments.co.za/

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing information. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, waiting for a more new post. Keep Blogging!
    Also check out spa in bangalore

    body spa near me

    best spa in bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nail spa is something that i found out about in this blog thanks for that. Do all the spa in bangalore provide this service? I reside in south Bangalore could you please suggest a body spa near me that provides this service.
    Also which is the best spa in bangalore south?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is getting a manicure / pedicure same as a day in nail spa? Because the spa in bangalore that I go to offers amazing manicure and I have never been to a nail spa. I don't know if I should try one and can I get any suggestions on an body spa in bangalore that is exclusively considered as nail spa?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blog resembles a sea, I wish to suffocate in.
    Nail Spa


    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts