The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell




When The Night She Disappeared landed on my review desk, I didn't know what to expect. I expected dark and twisted but what I got was so much more, from the first page of the book I remained intrigued to find out what would unfold.

The story starts with believable characters and you immediately feel connected to all that is being mentioned in the story. The word, "ominous" from the first page foreshadows much of the sinister events that unfold in the novel.

Tallulah's a stereotypical teenage mum abandoning her baby for a party. Yet she never returns back home. This is the backstory upon which all the mystery is based. 

A writer moving into the neighbourhood gets the clues that she could possibly need to uncover the mystery behind Tallulah's disappearance.



The suspense is epic and the storyline flawless. The characters are relatable and the tale has you at the edge of your seat for the duration.

You know amidst tuition stress and the crazy workload of late, I kind of needed this book. Always grateful for gaining the right reads at the right time.  

Comments

Popular Posts