The Farmer and his Wife- A Fresh Venture


 I have been equally enthusiastic to get this post out all holiday but the blogging schedule is taxing as you can imagine, especially when you double up as a freelance writer and the work comes pilling in during December (who would have thought).

January is quieter so I got some blogging and planting done- I've only been planting the Checkers little Garden herbs and plants that have now taken pride of place in our two-bedroom apartment. So while I am recently gaining my own love for planting, a duo who took their love for planting a step further and actually expanded their herb garden to cater for everyone is Thefarmer_and_hiswife. So whilst catching a whiff of lavender, and the fresh aroma of thyme, I sat down with the farmer's wife and discussed her garden.



After chatting, it was discovered that both the farmer and his wife have been gifted with green fingers and that has motivated them to actually start their venture. The duo both equally share a love for gardening which provided all the more reason to take to Instagram their shared love and share it with all of you. If that isn't the cutest tale of Thyme, I certainly don't know what is.

"We love waking up to walks in the garden and gain inspiration for our daily meals from the veggie patch that we can so thankfully call our own." the farmer's wife (Faheema).



So while the produce attracted my eyes, I decided to uncover what sets this endeavour apart and why I found this farmer and his wife's green business so appealing.

To be totally honest, the main reason I was drawn to this particular business (which is based down the road from me) is because of how affordable the organic produce is. 

"We offer 100% organic produce that is seasonal, fragrant and affordable."

This is rare in today's times because eating healthy usually comes with a hefty price tag and I was relatively surprised that healthy with The Farmer and his Wife meant affordable fresh produce too.

Also,a new business is always a fresh venture-fresh for new and exciting things to come




Prices you can expect to pay



Thyme (25g)

R10-fresh thyme

R20- naturally dried

Mint (25g)

R10

Mint Middle East (Habek) (Bible) (25G)

R10-fresh

R15-naturally dried

Lavender (25g)

R20-fresh

R30-naturally dried

Dhania (200g)

R10

Spinach 

R10/ bunch

Grounded Turmeric root (R135g)

R160



Also available are farm fresh green peppers and tomatoes.


Having tasted the organic butternut, several herbs and spinach from the Farmer and his wife I can vouch that you will certainly gain tasty veggies that are affordable and healthy. Don't take my word for it, let the pictures speak for themselves. 

Contact: Faheema (082 087 1261) 

or

Instagram: /thefarmer_and_hiswife/

Comments

Popular Posts