The Cosmetic Chef

 

I recently started loving the Korean skincare brands and as such my love has turned into a passion. I spent countless hours researching product brands like Tony Moly, Axis-Y, and Cosrx. I was eager to learn more about what AHA/BHA products did, as well as to grasp how skincare was made. I was told that Korean skincare products had a smaller ratio of certain products that actually prevented the products from having a bad reaction on the skin.  I had never really thought that so much consideration had gone into making products that we apply daily. Knowing this makes you realize why you pay more for the best brands. Upon searching for all things cosmetic, I stumbled across The Cosmetic Chef page on Instagram. The owner Conny is a qualified cosmetic chemist (how cool is that?). With such an exciting history in the cosmetic and marketing industry, I was thrilled to meet her (online of course). She has dedicated her life to bringing people cosmetic recipes that are affordable and can allow people to have spa dates at home with luxurious products that they can make themselves.

I received, The Cosmetic Chef, "Crafting Cosmetics in your Kitchen Book" and I was overwhelmed at how from staring at the cover, it made me feel so excited about getting into the kitchen to make cosmetics (I certainly did judge this book by its cover). 

Conny generously shares cosmetic recipe goodness, and the book prompts you to try almost every recipe. The recipes are well explained, and you are bound to find a recipe that suits every moment and every skincare need.  During the lockdown period, I simply cannot think of a better gift to give someone. I certainly think every lady needs to have this recipe book next to their Indian Delights on the recipe bookshelf.

One recipe I tried from the book and thought you guys might love is a simple Powder Fizz Lemon Cleanse recipe. 

Ingredients

5 Disprin tablets

1/2 tsp Baking Soda

1 tsp lemon juice.

I started by breaking the Disprin tablets into minute granules in a glass bowl. To this I added the baking soda, crushing the mixture with a spoon. Lastly, I added the teaspoon of lemon juice and gave the mixture a slight stir. The result was a replica of the picture in the book. This rarely ever happens when you follow a recipe. I applied the mixture immediately to my face with a cotton ball. The recipe is believed to be ideal for problematic skin. The Disprin and lemon juice create the Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) boost that your skin needs with the added lemon tinge to make it a lemony infused deep cleanser. I enjoyed how this home product made me feel. It really didn't feel like I was applying something I personally whipped up in the kitchen onto my face.




Why visit The Cosmetic Chef website

I have never seen someone so passionate about what they do that they are willing to share trade secrets. Conny shows that she has a sincere love for cosmetics and kindly shares some free recipes on the site. You can also buy the needed ingredients from the site or in a kit form.

Website link: https://thecosmeticschef.com/

Blog link:https://thecosmeticschef.com/category/blog/

Plus all DramaticDolls get discounts on their purchase:

Coupon: 4z2rdc63 

The wait for quality skincare is over because you can whip up the best skincare on your own!

Comments

  1. Thank you Laila, that's really beautiful.
    I am definitely visiting the website. 🧡

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts