Magic Firefly- Imagination, Creativity and Food Magic

It was hard not to get caught up in the humdrum of life this week. With our school opening after the week-long holiday and exams being around the corner, it just felt like everything came piling on. It was a tedious week having to somewhat return to normality. So while we were all having a busy week, I wondered how to escape from it all. I was glad that Magic Firefly dropped off some cookie cutters last Friday that I looked forward to using and trying out. 


So after work on Wednesday, I roped in Ilham to have some unboxing fun. We opened up the elegant package to reveal the cutest colourful cookie cutters ever. The cutters are stainless steel cutters and come in cool shapes and animal outlines like birds, hearts, dinosaurs, etc. The first thought that came to mind was let's try a creative lunch. Ilham loved the cutters which are child friendly and safe so I didn't have a heart attack when her small fingers were feeling the cutters. So while Ilham sat in her High Chair eagerly awaiting some "yummies", I used the cutters to shape her mashed potatoes and mushy peas. The peas shaped like a bird looked adorable. My two-year-old didn't quite understand that my broad smile meant I was simply chuffed due to my plating skills which I stepped up a notch thanks to the cookie cutters but she smiled back appreciatively anyways. Dinosaur mash how fun is that? I am glad that Ilham is able to understand shapes so she can observe the shapes that her food can take on. I know eating is feeling all the more exciting.



We are rather familiar with cookie cutters being used to shape cookies and create fabulous-looking biscuits but I was determined to use them more since I bake only once a month (on a good month). I soon realized that creativity knows no bounds. Everything from sandwiches, and sliced cheese to cucumber slices, can be cut with these cookie cutters. Needless to say, our Thursday work lunch turned out very creative. Naby unpacked a car sandwich with polony (the polony also cut in the shape of a car). I had a few mini cucumbers, mozzarella cheese sandwiches cut in stars in my pink lunch box. Looking at my school children opening their lunch on Thursday (lunch is what they look forward to from the time they get to school) made me think of how excited children would feel if they saw a heart, car, or star sandwich waiting for them in their lunch tins. These cutters are ideal for mums who put the added effort into lunch every day. Add a cute note like shine like the star you are today, and I promise your lunch gesture will make your child very happy.



Breakfast in bed or at a restaurant? For couples like Naby and I, we truly enjoy the hotel breakfast. We do staycations just so we can wake up to a well-planned breakfast. Since having Ilham, the need to cart a bottle and bottle sterilizer along means that finding hotels where we can enjoy a hearty breakfast is not on the cards for us. So this morning before work (yes we work on Saturdays), I used my cookie cutters to prepare the cutest looking sunny side up ever. Both Naby and Ilham joined in on breakfast preparations (adding to the mess more than helping). Breakfast felt memorable and special. Having some fun in the kitchen before work, changed the routine of our day. We both thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast we shared before rushing off to work. It's days like these that make you realize that with a little creative flair, you can deviate from the daily humdrum. I certainly had the story of a well-crafted breakfast to discuss with my English tuition class today. The cutters can be cleaned easily and come with cleaning equipment. 

Stamp, mold, and shape your food in any way that you want. Children love playing with food but in a messy and destructive kind of way. Give them a reason to play with their food by allowing the to create shapes, and objects. Plus, you might give them a reason to eat the foods they don't enjoy. Butternut in the shape of Thomas the train, I say, "Yes."






So why Magic Firefly? Well, Magic Firefly was started by Dipna Lala who is a mum too. After the birth of her second child, she decided to make her ambition of opening up an innovative business a reality. With lots of creative kitchen days with her daughter, a hint of magic, products that she brings in from all around the world, and a keen love of creativity-she has succeeded in turning her business dreams into a reality. Her products surely are creative and will bring a smile to any adult or child's day. Dipna serves as an inspiration as she has shown that excitement can be found in the kitchen. From having a career in the corporate world to following her dream of causing smiles in the kitchen, she proves that anything is possible. With a little magic firefly and some food creativity too!


Contact Details for the online store:

Facebook: Magic Firefly ZA

Instagram: Magic_Firefly

Contact: magicfirefly.za@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts