SMILEY NAPPY= SMILEY BABY

So as baby sleeps, I quietly have some time to spare to write this blog post. It’s been a while since I attended to my blog and I have to admit that I felt rather nostalgic today. Being busy with Dramaticmarketing and Dramaticode has taken up much time. So today I pinned myself in front of the computer while binge-watching, "Money Heist" and started writing.

Today I pay tribute to a local store- Smiley Nappies. The Nappy company is situated in Johannesburg North and specializes in producing adult and baby nappies. They are disposable nappies meant to be sensitive to the skin. I received them a while back to test on baby yet baby Ilham went through some unexpected weight changes since birth and so she only managed to fit into the medium nappies now. As newbie mums, we tend to be skeptical initially when it comes to trying out more economical nappy brands and tend to cling to either the Huggies or Pampers brand. I too hesitated at first with the fear of nappy rash dominating my mind. Ilham, however, is one baby who has the least sensitive skin and usually agrees with everything so it turns out I had nothing to fear. The lockdown period caused the Huggies Gold nappy that Ilham loves to be in short supply so I was glad I could resort to Smiley Nappies without feeling guilty of changing my nappy brand rather hastily.

Honest opinion:

The nappy is crafted in such a way that it mimics a lady's pad on the inside and proves to be highly absorbent.
The medium-sized nappy is slightly bigger than the normal size two nappies which are beneficial for bigger boned babies and also eliminate the scare of baby 's wee seeping uncontrollably through the side if it is too small a nappy. Yet somehow the nappy fitted Ilham well. It seemed almost like an adjustable fit. The medium nappy is meant to fit babies between 5kg-9kg. I personally like this because it means you can buy a certain size of nappies and it will fit the babies for longer.
The design on the nappy is one that has a penguin, blocks, and purple and orange clouds. I found the design fun and if you too enjoy quirky nappy designs then surely this is a nappy for you. I found the purple and orange colors to be cool and something less boring compared to more well known nappy brands. There are other designs including blue and green sheep and I suppose it is always nice having something different.
The nappy was soft on the skin and my baby faced no rashes or irritations because of the new nappy.
The stick-on sides were sticky and stuck until a nappy change was needed
The nappy is also relatively light which is ideal for carrying in a nappy bag especially when traveling (not traveling now though).
The packaging for the twenty nappies I received was rather compact and fitted perfectly at the top of my nappy station.

Tip
When I thought I was going to give birth naturally, my friends warned me about the post-birth over bleeding. They suggested I wear a baby diaper as a pad just to allow for extra absorption and to feel safer. The Smiley nappies nappy would be ideal to be used in the situation due to its inner pad-like appearance.

Give Smiley Nappies a try if you are a mum on a budget or a mum seeking a new local brand and this option may work wonders for you and your baby.

Contact the company

Smiley nappies: 064 676 7776
Address: 195 Bellairs Drive
Bellairspark, Northriding
Johannesburg
2196
South Africa
Instagram:smileynappiessa


Disclaimer: The blog follows the same motto it held strong since inception. There is no exchange fee for posts so as to maintain authenticity and sincerity in reviews of products and places. 

Comments

Popular Posts