F#ck Now Theres Two of You

So it has been a long while since I moved my typing fingers and I have a nine-month-long pregnancy to blame for my slow pace at almost everything. My three months of maternity leave has made me all the more lazy to work on the blog but then one night I thought, why not give it a go...baby and all! So as I type, my baby has her toes all over my keyboard and I am not annoyed in the slightest by her constant need to kick everything near her feet.

I've seen many mums and they all look so put together. Perfectly crafted for their task of motherhood and then there's me... Starting from scratch, far from the pro, learning about babies- one baby finger at a time...

So why blog again when the baby keeps me pretty occupied? Well, I'm in a rut and why not get out of it by sharing my woes as well as my ups (I have many of those) with you guys...my loyal readers. Plus many of you have been asking me to blog again (lies, no one's really been asking). Motherhood is tough, the screaming baby when she demands her bottle, the puffy eyes when you the only person who bothers to sit up with your crying baby all night and those days where you realize being a mum makes you the only person expected to do everything (gender roles and all that). Luckily we have now deviated from the norm of dad passing the baby to mum due to a pooh-filled nappy but as much as we like to plead that caring for a baby is an equal task... mum's life always changes. REALITY CHECK!!!!! So now when I chose to stay home with baby it's not because I have to but rather because I chose to.

So when Penguin sent the ever-so-witty book, "Fuck Now There's Two of You", I left my bedtime read for those nights when I'm babysitting alone. The read is light just like a bedtime story for children with the exception of much swearing and higher-order adult humor from the author Adam Mansbach.  The third book in his popular series offers parents the escapism they need and the chance to let the word "FUCK" lull on their tongues (despite being too modest to say fuck when trying to parent). The bedtime tale for adults speaks of the reality of parents caring for a newborn and a toddler. simultaneously The book is a witty take on the reality of parenthood and how two children are certainly "a million more than one".

This would be the best book to accompany you to the maternity ward after you've given birth to your second baby (or your first). Plus its a compact book that is light and a handy companion.

Raising a baby is no walk in the park. Sometimes raising a baby could make you feel as if you want to run into an empty park and scream your lungs out but hey, if you say, "Fuck," now and then perhaps it will make you feel better.

Remember:
  • All mums have bad days sometimes and very bad hair days
  • All mums question why they bothered to have children in the first place
  • All mums sit in the toilet for a long while to hide away from responsibilities
  • No mum has all her "shit" together, even when it looks like she does
  • Sometimes you feel like you got this "mum-thing" all figured out but most of the time, you hoping someone else will change your baby's dirty nappy

Time for the baby to go to bed so that I too can get the F### to sleep.... Ha I said it! Now my little heart smiles and I know it's time to tell her a baby bedtime story... like of sheep or something...

Comments

Popular Posts