Lady Lion-The competition for the Business women of today

So school came to an end for this year. As the last few days drew closer, I reflected upon the year as a whole and just how much I had achieved in 2018. My blog has become an elephant in the past 3 months and that was only because I realized I wasn't good enough as a blogger. Being a self-made blogger who stepped on to the blogging platform randomly at the start of December a few years ago, the blog thankfully just hit an unexpected growth spurt so I decided to keep it and see where it was headed.

This year was the biggest blogging year by far, I qualified for Google adsense and my views multiplied threefold. I was elated but something remained amiss. I got chosen for a job at INKFISH Digital marketing during the last holiday (that is what has been keeping me on my toes). I started off my INKFISH journey as an academic assistant and found my niche in the social media and writing counter. INKFISH played a big role in training me in the field of marketing. There were so many Keyword tips and hashtag tips that I learned and am still learning on this writing journey that was unheard of before I started my work with them.

As I continued with INKFISH I got further opportunities to write for Global Innovations for an American book and Saffersmall where I did writing task after writing task meeting sticky deadlines and attending virtual meetings. The learning journey has been exhilarating to say the least.

When this holiday was coming closer I went in search of a holiday marketing related job that would help me battle holiday boredom (I'm on holiday alone this time) and simultaneously teach me a thing or two of marketing. The reason https://theladylion.co.za/ appealed to me was that for once women were getting the opportunity to push forward and expand. Women businesses were being asked to step up to the plank so that they could be celebrated and the best women entrepreneur would have the chance of receiving 100k in finances and coaching for their business. WOW!

Why does women empowerment mean so much to me?
I grew up in a home where I was the only child. Needless to say it was always all about me. I wasn't seen as just a girl working too hard and neglecting household chores, I was seen as a girl who could compete with boys because I was eager (like a lioness ) to obtain the degree, skills and mindset to make me succeed in the job world. I often bit more than I could chew on my way to the top but I did it and I was always applauded for it.

Marriage gave me a whole new understanding of the expected role of a woman. My husband thankfully was always supportive of my "need to better myself ", but not everyone believes this about women in the society wherein which we live. They remind us that its taboo for girls to perform better than boys and that girls only belong in the kitchen for hours on end. I hated this stereotype. Our religion has always depicted strong women who assisted their husbands and who were never undermined by their husbands or family members and it was this belief that made me all the more eager to prove my worth.

Why is it that only men are seen as supporting their families and their extended families and families of families. Women should have the power to be in that role too. How good would one feel knowing their aunt is paying their way through University. Remember womens' main downfall are always other women. So instead of hating on another woman's success encourage her, learn from her and best of all celebrate her. One day she will be celebrating you too.

Women are meant to succeed and I believe it. I manage to do three jobs, feed my family and still dress up and look good (on most days). I also study because you can never know too much and I am proud of my achievements.

Women can be whoever or however learned they want to be and none should try to silence them or crush their dreams. Hardworking is never only defined by how many dishes you produce in one day but by the fact that you can come home dog tired at 6 in the evening and still prepare a meal out of love. Us, women have the right to walk confidently in our stiletto heels and proudly claim our status of being a breadwinner or provider for our families. We can bask in the glory of knowing we take care of more than just the home and kitchen. We ease financial burdens we would not even know existed because we are willing to take interest.

Don't get me wrong I am still all for the housewives and home mummies as I know that is by far one of the hardest yet undervalued jobs but I too respect working ladies.

I am all for women who take the plunge and start their own businesses That is why I urge all business owners to enter their businesses into the Lady Lion competition.

Here is how: https://theladylion.co.za/clash/#how


How does it work?







Entrepreneurs can enter their EXISTING businesses and stand a chance of winning R100 000 in cash and services to be used for their business. Four runner-ups will each receive R10 000 worth of coaching and training for their businesses.

You can also view other entries to see the gorgeous ladies you will compete with: https://theladylion.co.za/clash/#how

If you hesitant to enter as you are uncertain of the truth behind this competition, their press mentions and reviews might ease some tension: https://theladylion.co.za/press/

You've taken a big enough risk starting your own business so the free entry is not even a risk that you will be taking but a step in the right direction towards getting your business heard of and respected.

Unleash your inner LIONESS and enter LadyLion :)

P.S All the phenomenal lady entrepreneurs have inspired me to start my own marketing business. Dramatic Marketer is already open for business.

Behind every man is a woman to blame for his success. So behind every woman is her family who helps her attain this success! The family who supports her, does not envy her and respects her dream.

Comments

Popular Posts