Villa Beaute-Embrace the beauty within


Naby and I are both out with the flu which means we spending the weekend at home watching one too many movies on the Amazon Firestick which gives me time to ramble away on the blog. I've been away for about over a week but it seems too long and I missed having a say. The reason for my absence is because I've been working on blog-worthy posts. I also been caught up with examination preparations and way too many tuition classes before the third term exam. My matric tuition student comes for her last lesson for trials tomorrow and the tuition center I work for closes this Thursday which means I finally get the break I deserve. Time to let my hair loose and pamper myself. 

Speaking of pampering; do you too find yourself so busy that you barely have time to go for a facial? Well, that was me! I hadn't been able to make time for a facial in months leaving my skin battered by Winter blues and using one too many home-remedy products that dried my skin out. So when Sadia from Villa Beaute approached me for a collaboration, I knew my facial calling had come.









What do you look for when you go in for a facial? A booming salon filled with people coming in and out at all hours of the day? A social mixer where you end up chatting to other clients for longer than your actual beauty treatment? Overly expensive facial treatments - you not sure what it entails but are willing to pay the price anyway? Impersonal treatments where you just another client? Well if that's what you looking for in a beauty salon stop reading this post immediately. At Villa Beaute you schedule your appointment and can rest assured that your treatment time is specifically yours. There's nobody in the waiting room praying your treatment goes faster so their turn can come. You can enter the premises looking your messy-no-makeup self and come out with that natural facial glow. There's no need to worry about paying exorbitant prices for a treatment as the prices have specifically been created keeping people's budgets in mind.  This means that you can do more regular treatments as oppose to once off treatments for special occasions only. At Villa Beaute you are personally known and are not just a number.

Why visit Villa Beaute? Well, for one the beauty salon is owned by Sadia who has a sparkling personality with the qualifications in beauty and skincare to match . She is not reluctant to share any information about her facials and the products she uses with her clients. Villa Beaute is one salon that cares so much for your skin they opt for the usage of paraben free products. Now why is this so important? Parabens are actually preservatives used to increase the shelf life of products. Despite allowing products to last  longer, they actually enter your skin when you use such products containing parabens. Now this is all the more damaging as parabens alters hormones by mimicking oestrogen. Too much of this hormone in your body leads to development of breast cancer. It seems relatively simple to avoid products containing parabens but it's not as easy because no product label states "Contain Parabens". Thus its good to know that when you go for a facial at Villa Beaute, you guaranteed to use products free of this harmful preservatives. Another positive of the salon is that facials range from R 250 to up to R 680 (for an all inclusive facial) which is well priced compared to the hefty prices charged by other salons. Another plus is Sadia doesn't allow you to do facial treatments just for the sake of doing it. Sometimes we flock to try out treatments because other people had the treatments done. This doesn't work at Villa Beaute, as she thoroughly assesses your skin first and recommends an age-appropriate treatments that you require. I really liked that you can go in and thereafter decide on a treatment that your skin actually needs as opposed to just getting one without knowing what your paying for.





My skin needed: From Sadia's thorough assessment of my skin and from my explaination of what I required it was decided I would do a Dr Baumann Facial specifically catered to treat my dry and dull skin. My dry skin as aptly predicted by Sadia was due to using Celltone products to treat my slightly pimple filled skin prior to the facial. I also wanted some extractions done as my nose was rather bumpy due to the white heads that filled that region. Besides, what is a facial without extractions?  I obviously also wanted a slight glow after my facial was done since lately everyone is after that dewy-glowy skin. My skin felt very dull and I wanted it to look healthy and refreshed again.


The skin analysis and information chart was filled in and I was ready to begin my facial.



My actual facial: My facial included the following steps:
1. It started off with a careful cleanse.
2. Thereafter my skin was toned.
3.This was followed with the application of a mild exfoliator mixed with a creamy mask for my dry skin.
4. I was steamed with the mask on.
5. Thereafter extractions occurred. I hate extractions as I always have one too many white heads on my nose area and I hate when beauticians use a tissue and their fingers to extract. The process is so uncomfortable and best be avoided. Well, this does not happen at Villa Beaute. Vacum suction is used and the process feels almost effortless and not in any way overly uncomfortable.

6. The PH level of my skin was balanced.
7.After which a hydration ampule (skin food) was applied to my skin.
8. This was followed by a face,ear and head massage which was truly relaxing and very enjoyable.

9. Thereafter I did an AHA (Alpha Hyaluronic Acid 10% peel).
10. The peel stayed on for about 15 minutes while I relaxed and was thereafter the peel was removed.
11. Lastly my skin was toned, dry moisturizer was applied along with eye cream.  Sun lotion SPF 20, tinted moisturizer and Dr Baumann lipliner was applied.I never ended a facial with tinted moisturizer and lipliner before so this was an excellent finishing touch, knowing I could leave the salon confident and made up with the bare minimum.

What I know of Dr Baumann: Well, Dr. Leslie Baumann and her team believe in proof and not in making promises to no avail. There facials rely solely on scientifically proven products and procedures which ultimately promotes healthier skin in its entirety.  This was clear from the facial which didn't lead to any break outs, allergies or adverse reactions.


Following treatment: My treatment wasn't over when I got up from the bed and the facial was complete. Sadia talked me through the facial process and also gave me products to try out and review that would help my skin stay healthy and well cared for. I will be reviewing the products over the weekend after having tried them for just over a week by then and I will do a follow up once I've used all the products up. The products I received was the Dr. Baumann cleanser, toner, hyaluronic acid ampule, LCN primer and LCN lip scrub. I looked in the mirror and was stunned at how refreshed my skin looked. It looked moisturized, less dull and glowy. My face was certainly much more refreshed than the face I went in with. I even commented to Sadia about how I wished my skin always looked so good in its makeup-less state.


The Week after treatment: I didn't start with the prescribed products immediately after the facial as I had to finish a product I was reviewing before the facial. Therefore, I did experience a small dry patch on my forehead and left cheek. I immediately contacted Sadia who advised I start with the ampule. The dryness was not in any way severe or noticeable but once I started with the ampule it instantly went away. Sadia thereafter sent me a moisturizer to assist with any further dryness.  Just over a week and my skin still feels replenished, moisturized and nourished. It was as if my face had surely got the nutrients and skin food it needed to become healthy again. 


What I liked about Villa Beaute: Comfort and relaxation is ensured when your beautician is welcoming and non judgmental. Furthermore it is very rare to find a beautician who is open to talk you through their treatments and products. Sadia is passionate about what she does and convinced her products are good for your skin and this provides the reassurance that we often require when entrusting our face in someone else's hands. You are sure to get correct guidance without any obvious sales gimmicks and tricks.  Sadia is easy to converse with and you always need a beautician and hairdresser who is good at that. We all let off some steam while getting steamed so this is beneficial beautician trait to have. The salon is isolated and quiet and allows you to escape and wander off running along with your train of thought. Sometimes the smaller salons has the biggest impact on your heart and I was sure this one was one such salon. We all like a salon that allows us to feel as comfortable as we feel in our homes and Villa Beaute is a homely salon experience. I enjoyed the treatment and went home feeling good about my skin.





This salon is based in Lenasia and is certainly worth visiting.
Follow on:
Instagram: Villa Beaute
Facebook: Villa-Beaute
Sadia: 072 618 6230/ (011) 852-6651

Comments

Popular Posts