Japan Fun Box

I remember our little trip to Thailand back in 2017 when we would squirm at all the Asian cookies and crisps that we saw that seemed to be highly different to the South African food we have grown so accustomed to.
So upon being approached by https://japanfunbox.com/ to review their box full of Japanese treats and delicacies, I hesitated to say the least. However, I was equally as excited to send my taste buds on a fresh new adventure. Being more reluctant to try anything in Thailand, I allowed my tummy to welcome a new taste combination that I didn't think I would enjoy as much as I did.

The box arrived ready for collection at my local post office and was not at all what I expected. It was a fun-filled big box packed with the most colourful array of only the finest sweets, chocolates, candy and even curries in a box (Yes! curry in a box).
 It was great fun to be able to be treated to Japan's finest from the confines of my brown and orange room. Japan fun box is just that -a box of fun that any grown up will enjoy being spoiled with.  In fact it is also ideal for kids. Parents who subscribe for these fun boxes can certainly treat their kids and spoil them a little with this box filled with goodies they would love.  T he Fun Box allowed me to travel to Japan's supermarket without moving an inch and I got to try Japanese delicacies that excited my taste buds.





The fun comes into play as you never really know what to expect in your box until you open it.               
                                                                      SURPRISE!

I unwrapped Japanese Kit Kat bar in anticipation to see how different they were from their South African Kit Kat counterpart . Well turns out aside from the usual brown chocolate bar we used to, Kit Kat in Japan is also mint green and dark green .(How cool?) The lighter green Kit Kat is actually wasabi flavoured. However, the flavourful fun does not stop at just wasabi flavour. There is an assortment of only the most exotic flavouring that will heighten the adventure in your mouth. YUMMY

The Frankenstein long lasting green bubblegum was another favourite in the box that had me chewing for hours on end without the gum losing its stickiness and flavour.

The random egg toy also hidden in the box brought back many childhood memories. Remember how we used to love getting those egg toys from vending machines when we were smaller?


On the plus side over 52 countries have received Japan Fun Box and this Tokoyo based company due to popular demand has decided to bring candy to people's door step nationwide. Think "TRICK OR TREAT" before and after Halloween.  The company has an exciting story as to how they got started because of a Chinese friend who got them amped about sending candies over to his country. From the Chinese friend's appreciation of the candies, Japan Box was started. Its amazing to share candies we are so unfamiliar with here in South Africa and it can be quite the delight to unfamiliar palates.







Being the total candy lover (bad gums and teeth because of it) I know I would enjoy receiving a box of candy every month.

Comments

Popular Posts