Beast Meals- The Beast Within

I have never been one for dieting. I can go Ape man on anything made of chocolate or any overly sugary substance. Therefore my collaboration with Beast Meals was one I could have not in any way predicted, neither did I see it coming. My readers too looked stunned when I told them I was trying out this structured detox plan. " Diet! The girl who walks around with her coke dumpy every day could in no way be on a diet....."

I hardly ever considered weight loss in the past because I was always a constant 39 KG- oh well,  turns out ever since I've tied the knot my weight had been fluctuating quite a bit.  Needless to sat I went up to about 43 KG.. It still sounds relatively little but for my petite frame and structure any little kilo gained tends to show. More than my need to prove everyone wrong about me not being healthy, I also wanted to prove to myself that I could take a step forward  towards a healthier side of life. Besides a 3 day detox didn't sound too daunting....




The owner of Beast Meals -Bilal who doubles up as a sports nutritionist -was so confident about his brand that I was inspired to try it. More than the products itself, it was his believe in his products that was a motivation in itself.  Its not often that you see people who are so confident about their brand that they swear by it. Bilal, however, could rave endlessly about his brand without in any way appearing to be boastful. I too was sold by his confidence and needed to try it.

I set out to try my 3 day detox just 3 days prior to the Ramadaan week.

Basically this halaal detox plan comes with a instruction sheet (detox plan) on how to go about with the detox. It also comes with an array of precooked and prepacked smooties and snacks to make sure your detox plan is followed to the T.

How it works:
It is vital to note the start and end dates of the detox as well as the weight before the detox and the weight after the detox.

Remember almost all products must stay refrigerated from the time you get them.

Meal 1: Digestive activator
This is the beginning item for your detox. You have it first thing in the morning immediately when you wake up.Usually, we know to rise and have some water to allow all the organs of the body to function but this digestive activator works in much the same way. I gulped the room temperature liquid down rather quickly every morning. The taste was not squeamish at all but for some reason I couldn't slip it slowly. The digestive activator did awaken my body and make me feel slightly more refreshed. I knew my body was getting itself ready for digestion.

Meal 2: The Green Fuel
Yuck! Meal two was a green much darker than the Grinch so initially I was hesitant to gulp down the mixture. I was relatively surprised that I could consume it without feeling nauseous or weird. The taste wasn't in any way disturbing to the palate... In fact it was rather enjoyable. Don't let the green colour fool you, its not bad at all. This is best served chilled and should be taken 30 minutes after taking the digestive activator. Your body is now ready to take on the day!

Meal 3: The Veg Snack
This snack is best when taken four hours after the green fuel. The snack is just as the name suggests merely a snack and is not in any way overwhelming for the tummy.

Meal 4: The Nutritional Pump
This I usually had by about 1:30 p.m so in line with lunch. It works best when taking another 3 hours after the snack.

Meal 5: The Almond Snack
This had to be my favourite snack option. I was overly excited that almonds featured on the detox plan. Almonds are known to be a healthier snack being part of the nut family but almonds are known to have other benefits like being good for one's memory. I thoroughly enjoyed this part of the detox and munching on many an almond.

Meal 6: Earth Soup
By this time you are in line with your usual supper time. So a soup for supper might not be that bad. A green soup looked awful, however, I managed to eat and like it. For some reason it tasted almost like a much more greener substitute for Khuri Kitchri (which I've recently become a fan of).  This soup you would eat as you would any regular meal served piping hot. It really is a good alternative to the usual supper and being a soup you cannot deny its supper worthy.


Meal 7: Chia Dessert
Dessert has got to be the best part of every meal and I was glad the healthier chia option was mixed with cinnamon to give it a much nicer taste. I have known prior to this detox that chia seeds are great for dieting. The desert works best when it follows the meal allowing about and hour or an hour an a half for digestion in between. The dessert was the favourite ending to my meal.

Meal 8: Calming Tea
The tea bags dipped in boiling water was the perfect ending to my diet. Having replaced my morning tea with the digestive activator was not easy but I was relieved that tea still formed part of my detoxing routine. I absolutely loved the tea. I would have loved it if it was stove boiled tea more but I guess the teabag in a cup of boiling water option wasn't that bad at all. Need I say it was refreshing and made me ready for  a good nights sleep.

THE BEST PART: BEAST SNACK RANGE
Who said chocolate cannot be part of your detox?
The Beast Meals has chocolate balls of their own. The dark chocolate was my best treat and I indulged quite often in between detox meals. I also really enjoyed the coffee chocolate shots but the oats and maple drops was yummy too. I was glad Beast Meals considered even the chocolate factor that often hinders any detox and made a tasty alternative. I've become hooked on these.

I tried to stick to the timing of the plan as thoroughly as possible. Being the weekend when I started my diet, I did have a day or two within the 3 days where I was slightly out by a few minutes. I lost two Kg's at the end of my three days and was thrilled to enter Ramadaan filling lighter-literally! I also did experience a more active metabolism during the days of my detox but after confronting Bilal he did mentioned that the products were most likely flushing a bug out of my tummy (he was spot on since on the Monday before starting the detox I battled with the nausea and vomiting bug).

Start Date: 11 May 2018                                      Weight: 43 KG
End Date: 14 May 2018                                       Weight: 41 KG

I was glad because my body felt much healthier and cleansed. I was so startled by the positive reviews provided by my readers who have already tried the detox before me. Lots of my friends and cousins had already been familiar with the brand and many had rave reviews about it.


or 

Uploading pictures of your Beast Meals packages on social media using  #beastmealsdetox





Comments

Popular Posts