Dramatic Dollhouse Takes Ras Al Khaimah

I'm battling a nasty throat infection post my amazing Dubai holiday and hence the blog has reached an annoying standstill. I am pushing and forcing myself to work and keep up the fast working pace that I've set for myself. Truth be told even bloggers are humans and we get the sniffles too.  Funny thing about being a working women (with three jobs) and a wife is you never really feel like being sick. In fact, being sick in bed is the worst thing that could possibly happen,  mainly because that feeling of helplessness only worsens the situation. With that in mind and a crumbled tissue in hand, I set out to write this blog post.

A thought that kept playing on my mind and made me move my thumbs and writing fingers was my journey to The Cove Rotana Resort  nestled in the heart of the Ras Al Khaimah emirate.  The breathtaking Cove Rotana Resort is situated on a water inlet on the Ras Al Khaimah beach overlooking the Arabian gulf. The reason I ventured to the Ras Al Khimah (RAK) emirate was because the blog was invited to cover the Easter brunch that took place at the resort on Easter Sunday.


Why is the resort so unique?
Well, for one the resort captures the very essence of the traditional Arabian culture. All the rooms and villas are painted alike in a dusty brownish-red colour which is sort of reminiscent of the red sand only found in the neighboring Sharjah desert area. The  resort also tries to incorporate a Nubian feel in their decor and appearance and I surely felt like a Nubian queen parading through the resort which is like a world of its own. Also the resort offers a great escape from the hustle and bustle of the Dubai city life.  That particular weekend saw many guests floating in and out of the resort (the resort being full), yet the visit was peaceful. It's amazing how you can still keep to yourself and relax even amidst so many other people in this serene place. The way the resort is built must be commended as both infinity pools overlooked the sea. From the lush greenery to the aesthetically pleasing walkways,  everything has been crafted to perfection making the 5 star resort a splendor on its own. The hotel shines in cleanliness with staff that are welcoming and supportive.






The beach
The RAK beach is worth visiting when touring the different emirates in Dubai. I personally preferred the RAK beach to the Jumeirah beach. It was a windy Sunday yet the waves were at bay and rather calm. The back wash felt good and was not in any way too forceful or merciless. The wind added a cooling effect to a relaxing day at the beach and made it all the more relaxing (despite my hair blowing in my face during one too many selfies). The resort's beach front comes fully equipped with a beach spa, a bar and chairs for guest to leave their bags on while they dip their feet in the water. The resort is quite safe too so you don't feel intimidated leaving your valuables on a chair while you enjoy the water. The lifeguards at the resort are hands on and hardly any trouble is to be expected on their beach having adequately marked the specific safe swimming areas.



Unique touches
This particular weekend saw the staff walking around with a basket full of mini chocolate Easter eggs for their guests to nibble on as they moved in and out of the hotel foyer. It was this cute Easter touch that made my visit all the more noteworthy and memorable.

The feel of the entire resort is so luxurious and clean you don't mind staying in the hotel.

Dining
Upon my arrival I was guided by the friendly staff to the Breeze Bar and Lounge. This chill lounge is situated near the lobby with a spacious terrace that offers the best possible view of the resort in its entirety. I immediately knew when I saw the view why the staff had chosen the terrace of the lounge to be my first stop.  It is from this terrace that you can overlook the entire resort catching glimpses of all it has to offer-the pools, beaches and other restaurants. It was here that I was treated to a morning cup of hot chocolate as I silently absorbed the sites that awaited me.

The Gourmed Brunch

Easter Brunch was held at the Basilico Mediterranean Restaurant. Basilico is a fine dining casual restaurant with a strong Italian focus situated within the resort premises. However, for this particular brunch the focus shifted slightly from Italy to encompass diverse foods from all the countries imaginable. Spain, France, India and Italy were just some of the countries that offered food inspiration to put the Gourmet into the Gourmed Brunch. Obviously no Easter lunch could be completed without a mouthwatering selection of the best fish, seafood variety and some delectable king sized prawns.





I particularly found the Indian food to be a gastronomic delight. When I ventured to Dubai for my first time and tasted my first Indian dish, I was shocked to taste that most of their food didn't have much spice and was rather blend. I was more satisfied to note that the Indian dishes served at Basilico captured more of the spicy Indian masala taste that I've grown to know and love. The Indian Paneer dish was one I surely will remember from this lunch being a fan of well marinated and cooked to perfection paneer cheese.

The food was set out buffet style, so guests could venture around the restaurant and select all the cuisines they felt like trying. Once guest took their respective seats on the outside terrace, entertainment was provided. The wind reeked slight havoc, blowing my menu to the floor but this was the only real setback of the afternoon. The live music  from a two person band only heightened the mood of a buffet that was well catered for. Waiters and waitresses waltz around from guest to guest with trays that contained  all food choices imaginable . They brought out some mouth tantalizing spring rolls, pizzas and the works. Guests were also given a Gourmed brunch menu with a selection of food to special order. The nice thing about the menu was that it precisely stated which foods contained nuts, alcohol and which dishes were strictly vegetarian. This for me was highly beneficial as its best when the menu tells you all you need to know about a certain dish  before you order it. Drinks of all types were served. It was certainly a Gourmed  Easter Feast fit for the Gods and Goddesses.








Comments

Popular Posts