A boy, A girl and a Pizza Place- Pizza Delforno Killarney

It's a Saturday night and Manchester United are playing (luckily they winning so we know Nabeel is going to be in a good mood). It's been a while since I got the chance to stay indoors without having any blog related ventures other than catching up with over due blog posts. So here goes...

The funny thing about being a food blogger is that you never know what type of welcome you will get when you visit  a restaurant to review their food.  Some managers and owners go out of their way to give you a hearty warm welcome, sitting with you while you eat or talking you through their dishes and making one too many recommendations, while others merely leave you to your own devices treating you like any other guest so their review can be unbiased and fair. My Pizza Del Forno visit offered an entirely different blogging experience. The staff were not informed that I was coming on that Friday night even after I had confirmed my visit over a week prior to the visit. Surprisingly enough neither was the owner present that night. The initial welcome to the restaurant felt rather unsettling and confusing. I was slightly disappointed as this was the only owner that I did not get to personally meet to discuss the restaurant with him. Needless to say the confusion was soon cleared when the manager called up the owner and he confirmed my attendance and all was well thereafter (Thankfully).


Besides for the small glitch in the welcome, everything in the restaurant itself runs rather smoothly. The restaurant offers some form of liveliness to the Killarney Mall which is classified as a rather quiet mall. Most of the traffic can be found walking in and out of Pizza Del Forno. People cannot be blamed for flocking to the restaurant as it is the perfect family restaurant - the Pizza Del Forno brand being in existence for over 15 years. It's casual in its style but oh so comfortable to enjoy a meal in. The restaurant offers a jam packed menu of only the tastiest Mediterranean delicacies. Despite being known for its perfect pizza, the restaurant offers more options than just pizza namely pasta and grilled food as well. I was even more glad as I'm a Muslimah blogger and knowing that the restaurant is strictly halaal made my eating experience all the more pleasurable. Although I do endorse non-halaal restaurants, I am always restricted to settling for a vegetarian or seafood meal at these restaurants (I do love veg though). At Pizza Del Forno, however,  I had the ability to select anything that I craved from the menu.

DECOR
This Franchise is passionate about good food and the Killarney brand surely lives up to its promise. The smell of well kneaded pizza dough delights the air. The decor is simple with wooden tables, chairs, floors and wooden embellishments. The black and white photographs on the wall are perfect finishing touches to the simple red and grey coloured  restaurant.  The low hanging simple glass light bulbs adds to casual and comfortable feel of the restaurant.






MENU
The menu is a black, white and red laminated paper back menu. It is a simple, easy to read and can be read quickly making food choices easy to make.


FOOD SELECTION

We had to devour a pizza and our designated choice was the chicken  Mayo pizza.  Whereas the traditional Margherita, pepperoni, vegetarian, Hawaiian and sweet and sour chicken pizzas features on the menu's of many other pizza places, the chicken mayo pizza sounded somewhat different.  It certainly was a unique tasting pizza- so unique that Naby and I polished the entire pizza in under 10 minutes. I thoroughly enjoy the taste of well baked oven pizza- there's something so amazing about a pizza base with just the right amount of crispiness to compliment the burnt taste from the oven- Pizza Del Forno nails this oven baked taste and texture to perfection.




Cannelloni was a second must as I'm a Garfield when it comes to lasagne and cannelloni. I recently perfected the spinach and feta cannelloni recipe myself (with the help of my mother-in-law) so I was thrilled to try the restaurant's version of one of my best dishes. The cannelloni was baked to perfection with well seasoned spinach.





Naby and I love milkshakes and the strawberry and bubblegum milkshakes served with just the right amount of syrupy goodness was one for the books.



The cream that decorated the top of the tall milkshake glass was fresh and whipped well.


The treat was certainly a gastronomic delight and I enjoyed every bite, right down to the last crumb.
A visit to Pizza Del Forno is a must especially if you love good pizza and al dente pasta.

Comments

Popular Posts