Feast Yourself... Fusionista Fish Restaurant

I once watched an episode of the Keeping Up With The Kardshians and Kris Jenner was taken  on a date to an aquarium based restaurant in Bora Bora. Never would I in my wildest dreams imagine siting next to Nabeel in Johannesburg with a similar aquarium backdrop.  The table facing the fish tank at Fusionista Fish restaurant was reserved specifically for Nabeel and I. Romantic indeed ......



The menu arrived and we were shocked to see that unlike in other restaurant we were spoiled for choice. The menu seemed like it was a good forty pages long offering a variety of dishes catered for those Asian taste buds. If you a fan of Simply Asia, then you have to give Fusionista Fish a try. The difference is that Fusionista Fish captures the essence of the Far East countries to perfection.  The restaurant showcases a vast array of traditional far East dishes and is specifically catered for those with the Malaysian, Cambodian,  Japanese, Vietnamese, Chinese and  Thai palate. The dishes offered are replicas of Eastern flavours offered by the cuisines in far East countries. The  reason the restaurant chose the Eastern style of cooking was solely due to the fact that Eastern food retains its raw authentic goodness and nutritional value. If you visited Thailand or any other far East country you would note that the food is vibrant with natural flavours. Despite drawing inspiration from the East, the presentation of meals is entirely Western.




I had heard that the restaurant so aptly captured the Far East style of cooking so for my side dish I ordered the paprika rice. Paprika is my personal choice of spice that I include in most of my dishes (when I actually do cook).  The rice is boiled in its natural glory just like the rice dishes we indulged in during our Thailand holiday. The smoked paprika flavour filtered through the rice with the bell peppers and onion taste seeping through. The rice was deliciously boiled and tasted like I was eating fluffy clouds with incredible flavours.
Cost: R 39


I decided to deviate from my traditional ordering style  and opted to try another side dish. Considering the fact that the menu offered so many choices, I too found it difficult to settle on only one side dish. Since I am a huge French Fries fan,  I wanted to try the Fusionista French Fries. I wanted to adjust my already Eastern palate to gain the Westernized taste of a fry. The fries are lady finger shaped and  thin just like the stereotypical American fry . Chips are best when they thin and fried to their crispy glory. I certainly devoured those fries with the Western accompaniment- Ketchup.
Cost: R 29



My choice of sides didn't stop at the traditional American style French Fry, I opted for another side of onion rings. My mother-in-law and I always tend to chose onion rings as a side when we out eating. The onion rings were richly coated and fried to a golden brown colour. I can safely say they were fried marvelously being crunchy on the outside and soft, juicy and succulent on the inside.
Cost: R 29


I stopped in shock at the menu which showed a 10 piece platter of sushi was only R 99. Isn't that astonishing? Its amazing when you find an elegant restaurant that is affordable. We all love stylish dates but often the poshest of restaurants cost too much so we often skip it due to other necessities taking preference.  For just under R 200 at Fusionista Fish you can get a sushi meal with three sides. That for me was very worth it.
I could ramble on and on on how exotic the restaurant is in ambiance, decor and the quality of the food. I could further assert that this particular restaurant offers casual dining at its best. A perfect date night venue.

Nabeel and I love milkshakes. We always in search for the best milkshakes. My blog readers (you guys) too have joined us on our journey to find the best milkshakes. We thoroughly enjoyed the milkshakes at Pretville in Hartebeespoort Dam but since Harties is so far we feel disappointed when we go through so many normal tasting milkshakes. Surprise!!!!! Fusionista Fish offers the best milkshakes possible. Nabeel picked a bubblegum milkshake and I settled for strawberry milkshake. The milkshakes were thick and rich in creamy goodness.  They had just the right amount of syrupy joy that decorated the middle of the glass. Its amazing when you find a restaurant that can prepare a simple glass of milkshake wonderfully.



I truly enjoyed my date (similar to Kris' date) with the floating fish as my view.

If you love Asian food, you have to visit Fusionista Fish....


Comments

Popular Posts