Falling Petals... Falling Bull Fighter

A matadora is defined as a female bull fighter. The tenacity, ferociousness and pzazz required by any bull fighter is exactly what the Morgan Taylor and Gelish SA Fall collection wants to encompass. The collection comprises of colours named: I'M DRAWING A BLANCO, MAUVE YOUR FEET, DON'T BREAK MY CORAZON, ALL TANGO-D UP, DANCED AND SANG-RIA and OLE MY WAY. The thing about Morgan Taylor and Gelish nail paints is they always aptly and creatively labelled according to their respective theme.

Senorita I bet you cannot resist such striking autumn colours that surely make a statement and speaks volumes.

It so happened that when I received this collection from Morgan Taylor and Gelish SA, I was watching the musical Beauty & The Beasty for the fourth time with the children that we look after. It was the scene when the last rose petal fell and as I watched the romance unfold before me I couldn't help but gain inspiration for my nail polish photoshoot.  Immediately I grabbed the vase we had received as a gift that contained a single red rose. Coincidentally enough the red rose matched the red rose garland worn on the head of the beautiful Matadora that models for this fall range. So I locked my two nail paints in the vase with the rose. My idea behind this concept was that even though the leaves may turn brown, wilts and fall off the trees, your nails don't have to fall out of style. Magically every Matadora is a beauty with a beastly side so why not embody the beauty and the beastly side of you through your nails.



The two colours I was given to test was the Mauve your feet and Danced and Sang-ria. Mauve as we know it is a pale purple colour much lighter than lilac. The mauve colour was named after the mallow flower. The mauve your feet shade of nailpaint, however, is a very flattering yet subtle tone of a lightly purplish nude that has an unbelievable sheen in the light. It provides a nude colour coating but is a rather attractive nail finish making nails look classy and beautiful.


The Danced and Sang-ria colour on the other hand was not at all subtle. The shade could be likened to colour of an ultra deep plum or an Oxford wine shade. This shade I believe would surely reveal your inner beast and compliment those more Gothic winter outfits which comprises of black stockings and patent black boots.

Though I compared the Matadora range to my take of Beauty & The Beast, remember Morgan Taylor and Gelish do have their own Beauty & The Beast range with my personal favourite colour being Plumette with excitement. This is a light ice-cream pink nail vanish. I do however prefer the Mauve Your Feet as it provides the same innocence that Plumette offers but in a much more dramatic way. Just as any matadora makes a dramatic entrance so too does this fall range of nails paints make an entrance......

Remember Matadora is a beauty who tames the beast.... She too may be the beast.
This range hits stores in March and each nail paint retails for R149 .

With Morgan Taylor's virtual salon you can try the different nail paint shades to see if they would suit your skin tone, nail shape and nail length. Check it out: https://www.morgantaylorlacquer.com/virtual-salon/reds,50030_Pretty%20Woman,2,0,2

Comments

Popular Posts