Block out the sun

Holidays are quickly and surely coming to an end and while most of us have ugly tan marks to show for it we certainly also have the lovely holiday memories that we can keep forever. Being someone who burns easily but loves the sun it's important for me to carry a sunblock where ever I go. Another reason I opt to carry sun block around is because for the past year I've been doing medical laser on my face and while this treatment is a blessing in disguise, it also comes with the disadvantage of requiring me to apply sunblock on my laser areas daily.


When my Eau Thermale Avene SPF 50 arrived just at the beginning of December I knew it would be a summer essential I would carry with me everywhere. I was happy that the product was SPF 50 as with December heat the higher spectrum the sun care formula the better. The Paris manufactured product offers high sun protection and this is evident from the fact that I enjoyed a ridiculous amount of sun exposure this holiday and have barely any tan lines to show for it. The facial sunblock comes in a nifty lightweight 50ML easy squeezy tube. The sunblock is not messy and can very effectively be squeezed out of the pump at the top of the tube. The sun lotion itself is smooth and non greasy. The thing that puts me off about most sunblocks are that they are of a very greasy consistency making it extremely difficult and sticky to rub into the skin. The Eau Thermale Avene sunblock is in no way mucky to apply and it slides into the skin effortlessly leaving no shiny spots or overly white patches on your face. The sunblock doubles up as a lotion that offers a moisturizing effect to the skin. I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth and matte the sunblock left my skin. I have now made my sunblock a pre-primer in my make up routine. I apply the sun protect-ant as a moisturizer prior to my actual primer and foundation application. The reason why this particular sunblock gives the skin a matte finish is because it contains the active ingredient GlycerylLaurate which absorbs excess oil on the skin's surface and thus offers that matte skin look. When used on the more oily or acne prone skin type, the product does have  a slight (not overly) oily effect on the skin. This skin effect can easily be counteracted by using a blot powder or even a translucent mattifying powder. Another perk is that unlike most sunblocks or SPF products that tend to make you appear a ghostly white in photographs, this SPF doesn't do so. Your photographs comes out almost fully natural allowing you to worry less about your sun block ruining those holiday photographs and selfies.




The body sunblock I received to test and review was also a broad spectrum high SPF 50. Just like the facial sun block, the body sunblock was not in any way greasy or overly harsh on the skin. It did not leave any ugly sun block application residue or marks on the skin and was eaten by the skin just like moisturizer is. Its important to bear in mind that this skin care range was developed for the lighter skin tones as well as for hypersensitive skin making it safe to use on almost everyone. There has been no known cases of overly clogged skin or breakouts with this suncare lotion. Another benefit is this sun block like most Eau Thermale Avene products also contains Avene spring water which has non-irritant properties along with soothing properties making these products more beneficial to the skin and not in any way too harsh for the skin. The sun block like may others is also water resistant meaning its safe to make the Eau Thermale Avene range of sun care products staple skin care products even for pool days. Like with most sunblocks, you do need to reapply the formula to your face and body every 4-5 hours.



The one down is that the sunblock does have a  slightly burnt plastic like fragrance upon application but luckily the smell disappears almost instantly after application. A few squirts or pumps is all that's required to cover large areas of the face and body and the containers offer hardly any spillage or wastage of product. Both the body and face sun block is relatively light and thus travel friendly.

Comments

Popular Posts