SPA DAY...DaVinci spa

Nestled in the heart of the hustle and bustle of Sandton City is the DA VINCI hotel. Situated within this impressive hotel is the DAVINCI Wellness spa and gym. The blog was lucky enough to have scored a bridal treat from the kind souls of the spa. Despite its rather city center location, the spa itself remains isolated and secluded from the busy city life. Once you enter the spa's glass doors; you are surrounded by blissful luxury that is beyond expectation



The reception area is painted with a fresh coat of white and is decorated with touches of wood, this minimalism creates an inviting and welcoming feel .Right from stepping into the spa, the guest feels comfortable and not at all overwhelmed. The wall to the left of the reception area is made entirely of mirrors and creates the illusion of a more spacious reception area. The receptionists are friendly and helpful adding to the comfortable feel and atmosphere of the spa.



Upon checking in at reception, customers are led to the bathroom to undress and get into a thick toweling robe and flat soft slippers in preparation for the massage ritual that is to follow. The bathroom itself spells luxury and relaxation. The bathroom tiles are heated making the floor the ideal place for disrobing and the ultimate guilty pleasure for your bare soles.  Getting ready for the massage ritual is in itself luxurious and invites you towards the overall relaxation feel given off by the spa.


Off to the massage room. Each massage room has its own unique name. I was guided by my masseuse towards the Wisdom massage room although on my next visit to the DA VINCI I'd love to see whats behind the Truth massage rooms door.


The rooms are simple yet elegant. There isn't any fancy chandeliers or cupboards to distract you. The plainer the room the more concentrated you are on the massage. Something about a white room with wooden detail that always evokes the feel of total relaxation free from any distractions. There is a small sink with the masseuse's towels, creams etc. The massage bed is a quint little bed with a hole for the insertion of your head during the massage. For such a posh spa I thoroughly enjoyed the simplicity of the massage room.




My masseuse was called Portia and boy was she heavenly sent. The treatment I received was a full body massage using the Babor elixir. Hours seemed to drag (in a good way) as Portia meticulously paid attention to my aching bones and tension spasms.  Since I went for my massage just before my wedding, the tension and stress had become evident in my tight muscles. My stressed out muscles weren't in any way challenging for Portia as she eased all my tension filled muscles leaving my entire body feeling relaxed and tension free.  Portia worked her magical fingers on every part of my body easing my stress and calming me down. Words in this case cannot even begin to describe how intensely pleasurable that massage had been.


After a satisfying massage, guests are led to the relaxation room. The central feature of this room is the shower to rinse off all the massage oils but also the hydro that overlooks the gorgeous Sandton scenery. Sitting in a hydro whilst sipping on juice is the perfect end to any relaxation filled day.









Thumbs up for a spa that pays attention to client satisfaction and happiness.

Comments

Popular Posts