MAKE UP BY AMEENA

Wedding season is in........ It's no doubt that when the wedding invite arrives home the search for a make up artist begins. Finding a make up artist may well be one of the hardest decisions a bride or a guest is expected to make. I was pleasantly surprised to stumble across make up by Ameena just before I tied the knot.  Ameena was the chosen make up artist to doll me up- Eastern style -for my mendhi evening.

Ameena arrived simply ready to work her magic. A makeup artist magician who with her magic wands in hand, began decorating my face. Her brushes worked elegantly and in gentle swipes across my face preventing me from feeling the application of  too much product. Aside from being skilled at application she is also well versed about the products she deems her personal favourites as well as the variety of products in her make up case. Her products are high quality products and of course products which lead to an effortless finish(She even taught me a thing or two about certain brands that I was oblivious about before I met her). What I adored about her as a make up artist was that she pays particular attention to the desired look of her clients and is meticulous in her application  ensuring she achieves the exact look they want.

Ameena can identify her clients' skin types, features and flaws allowing her to work towards perfecting her clients' natural features. I loved that her application didn't allow one to lose oneself beneath the layers of makeup and that she enhanced her clients appearance without making them completely unrecognizable to themselves.

What Ameena's magic did for me
I'm no Cinderella but Ameena was nothing less than a Fairy Godmother who with spritz, dusts and fluffs made me the envy of my mirror.I particularly loved the way Aamenah smoked up my eyes and perfected that ideal night time glittery- smokey eye! She made me love the way I looked and gave me a sense of confidence to take on the night- Bollywood style. Ameena is also rather humble and an instantly likeable person. She has no airs neither does she carry that show-off-make-up-artist baggage that many other artists so often carry nowadays. Another beauty when working with Ameena is she doubles up as a hair artist as well thus killing two birds with one stone.



How will I afford hair and make up you ask? Well, Ameena does not charge a hefty amount for dolling up her clients nor is her hair styles expensive. Next time you need an ego boost perhaps ask for Ameena............

Ameena's portfolio
Photocredit: Zahra Moosa




Follow her on Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/makeup_byameena/

Comments

Popular Posts