THROW KINDNESS LIKE CARNELLE

Before the holidays begin, you make all these plans of getting things done and you seem so eager to work. When the holidays actually hits, plans turn to dust as you retreat into relax mode and your body turns into Jello (literally). A somewhat similar experience happened to me this past week. I escaped the hum drum of wedding planning and the blog's workload to just de-stress and take the needed time off. (Eating tons of chocolate doughnuts from Wild Bean Café during my break). Needless to say I feel calmer, rejuvenated and more eager to get the "Blog goes Bridal" campaign underway.

It was during my relaxation period that the inspiration for my Carnelle blog post began. I wasn't going to feature Carnelle skincare products as part of the bridal blog segment but then I realized I just needed to. Being a soon-to-be bride, people around you pride themselves on handing out free advice of all the new skincare products that you can try to get that 'bridal glow' that every bride seeks to achieve.  Their advice is more often then not most welcomed and hundred percent correct. When Carnelle who was founded by Purple Gypsy (a company I have previously worked with) approached me about their skincare range; I was more than eager to test out their products, leaving my untouched bridal skin solely in their hands.  Turns out they have earned my trust in the process and left me with a highlight of the bridal glow that I was in search for.  Hence the Throw Kindness like Confetti or rather Throw Kindness like Carnelle blog post started. Confetti is essential for weddings and we know that children enjoy throwing confetti at weddings in much the same way that I've enjoyed my journey with the kind souls from Carnelle. I loved using Carnelle products and I'm ready to throw confetti at my wedding now all thanks to Carnelle.


Carnelle was eager to set the bar high as they paid meticulous detail to all aspects of their products including their label; making me wait a good few weeks before it was perfect enough to be sent to me. I liked that the team actually researched well before creating their products and sourced only the best plant extracts etc. to put into their range. A South African based skin care journey was the ideal way to embark on a journey to my South African wedding. I also am thrilled to announce I found four products for the perfect bridal glow!


Carnelle (http://carnelle.co.za/) has taken all skin types into consideration when developing their products. The products I required were for combination skin as assessed by the Carnelle team. Basically Carnelle prides themselves on creating natural products that produces almost instant results making skin more rejuvenated, renewed and stops all signs of aging in their tracks. The reason why Carnelle is so effective is due to the fact that all their products contain liposome which effectively penetrates to the deepest most layer of the skin.

My product routine:

Carnelle Cleansing Cream Wash: The limited edition bottle of cream wash I received is an exceptional addition to my morning routine. It is the first cream based skin wash I tried (Imagine the softness you feel when you apply moisturizer to your skin and wash it off immediately-that's the same softness I feel every morning). The moisturizer leaves the skin smooth, cleansed and incredibly soft. The glow that the wash alone provides is amazing especially on my nose area which is always so bumpy and dry.
Retails: R 180



Carnelle Toner: The toner is the needed spritz of freshness that wakes me up every morning.  With flower extract among other extracts it surely leaves my skin tingling daily. The toner cleanses but also adds extra moisture to my face and is the ideal way to prepare my face for make up application.
Retails: R 150


Carnelle Day Cream:  The daily moisturizer is light on the skin and not in any way does it leave the skin looking oily. The secret to using Carnelle cream is to work on slightly damp skin as opposed to applying it to dry skin. The cream stimulates micro- circulation preventing the drying of skin. Also works well in getting your make up to stick.
Retails: R 280


Carnelle Night Cream: The night cream compliments the day cream giving the skin 24 hours of moisture retaining the water on the skin preventing the skin from dehydration. The cream contains an amalgamation of mineral oils and aqua.
Retails: R 280


Carnelle eye gel: This eye gel has become my personal mantra that I swear by every morning and evening. This is the instant cure for eye bags and the fine lines that settles beneath the eyes. The gel does sting after application but the softness that follows is worth the sting. I was used to prepping my eyes for concealer using Benefit  its potent! eye cream but this eye gel can certainly compete with the benefit eye miracle cream. What I love the most is that it retails for only R 198 and is in a bigger size tub making it effective for everyday usage.


Once a week skin care:

Carnelle Honey Mask:  Honey has been sited as the most beneficial skin food. We all know honey graces your skin with incredible nutrients whilst giving you a glow and dewiness to die for. Honey in a tub was just the solution I needed for the bridal glow I wanted to achieve. I use it twice a week to get that natural glow from within. The honey mask requires the application of a mere thin layer and is not in any way sticky meaning you don't even need to tie up your hair before using the mask. With its soothing properties its amazing it sells for only R 160


Carnelle Anti-Age Mask: I know it feels like we too young to think about aging in our teens and early twenties but aging is a reality. I had a cousin who started using anti-aging products when she turned twenty. Her skin habits startled me but then I realized the importance of using products that prevent aging way before aging occurs to well nip aging in the bud. This anti-age mask works to improve elasticity working on blackheads and whiteheads (this property is needed at any age.)
Retails: R 221


Carnelle Cell Renewal  & Collagen Gel: I love the feeling of this gel. It feels very gooey and is a weird brown colour but despite its looks, you can feel it working almost instantly healing broken red veins. The product works to increase blood flow within the inner most layers of the skin. Collagen is noted for its healing properties.
Retails: R 187



Achieving a Bridal glow with Carnelle:

Begin with the Honey mask. Allow the honey to work for fifteen minutes. Wash off the mask.
Thereafter cleanse the face using the cream wash. Optionally apply the toner for the extra cleanse and moisture.
Moisturize in the day cream to set the face for the application of foundation, highlighters, strobe cream and for contouring.
Lastly settle for the eye cream to perfect the eye area making it ideal for the application of concealer. With the eye gel you need to apply it in circular motions gently patting it around the eye area. Avoid rubbing the eye gel into the skin as this can damage the soft tissue round the eye area.

                                       Eye Before eye gel: Bags evident, fine line apparent. Darkness around eye.


                       During eye gel: Eye looks lifted and line disappearing still darkness around the eye.


              After eye gel: Line completely gone and eye looks lifted. Less darkness around the eye.
Try it for yourself to see if I'm right.

Where to purchase Carnelle or become a Carnelle agent: http://www.carnelle.co.za/specials.html

Remember Purple Gypsy and the engagement infinity ring I reviewed from them before I got engaged: http://www.purplegypsygifts.co.za/
Now I will walk with their sister brand Carnelle down the alter on my wedding day.

Comments

Popular Posts