HENNA BY ZAINAB- ART & PERFECTION




We sat at Milkylane on Thursday night, having our henna done whilst sipping on only the yummiest chocolate and cream filled foamy drinks. Henna artist and a bag full of henna related tricks in tow, you better believe we impressed many a passer by causing the masses to admire the fine art of henna.

For any Indian bride (no stereotype intended) choosing a bridal henna artist is one of the biggest decisions we ought to take on when getting married. I didn't realize how much of a commitment committing to a henna artist was until I stepped in the bridal shoes myself. With many failed Eid henna turn outs of late; my biggest fear is my henna remaining a disgusting orange colour only to get told my husband-to-be doesn't love me as much as I think he does (as per that dreaded old wives tale). The older generations believe a bride whose henna remains light in colour is not loved by her husband and to defy this belief, I plan on hiring only the finest most fabulous artist to ensure my henna is anything but that faint orange colour (YUCK!). Believe it or not henna and everything mendhi night related was a decision I left for the last two months as I didn't have such a deep appreciation for the art before I met the talented artist- Zainab. In a just few hours of our "Henna Date", Zainab certainly changed my view of henna.

As an artist, she exudes a deep love for henna and all things beautiful. She is an expert at her craft, knowing her henna cones well and being able to list their properties (staying power etc.). I was impressed that she researched patterns and made even the henna haters appreciate henna (thinking of my best friend here who needed no convincing to have henna applied on her hands after she was stunned by Zainab's impeccable skills). Unlike most artists, Zainab works towards client satisfaction allowing the client to select a design most desirable to them. Don't get me wrong, she doesn't remain silent either and is more than willing to advise and share her design knowledge with her clients which is another quality that makes her a great artist. Another reason why Zainab impressed was the care and time she took to perfect an art she was obviously superb at. She worked gently on hands; not too quickly; making henna application feel more like a pamper session as opposed to just a henna application. She can create a deep appreciation for this art form with her bag full of henna related tricks. I also liked that she was on trend with the latest henna fashion and cones. She brought along a black and white mendhi cone which is a sure way to put an exciting spin on the traditional red henna during a mendhi night function. Lastly there's no denying that Zainab pays meticulous attention to her designs and her turnout is exceptional.  After the turn out of my red henna, I can safely say my husband-to-be does love me; thanks to Zainab of course.

Words cannot do justice to this refined art form that Zainab has perfect and I thick its safe to assume her work speaks for itself. Her designs speaks volumes about an art well perfected.

                                                                   RED HENNA

                                     




WHITE HENNA




                                                                  BLACK HENNA


To book Zainab: Instagram: zainablimbada

Comments

Popular Posts