Ralo them nails

I used to be someone who barely took care of and groomed my nails. (I still have my bad nail days). When I decided to work with Ralo cosmetics, I didn't think that out of all the possible cosmetics products that I could be sent, I would receive nail polish. Nail polish!!!!!!
Being Muslim and having to pray five times daily makes it difficult to keep nail paint on for longer than a few hours or a few days but I can assure you some of us Muslimah ladies still like the feel and shine of freshly manicured nails-polished and sparkly.

I received the Ralo Pastel Petals range comprising of royal blue, sky blue, grey, beige and a subtle nude pink. Each nail polish bottle was compact and the ideal size for carrying the polish in your handbag to polish while you on the bus or on holiday. I love that the lids of the polish bottle are fully rounded lids they are easy to grip and allows for a more steady hold of the paint brush. The nail paint itself is not of a too thin neither too thick consistency and slides on the nails easily. It doesn't take too long for the nail paint to dry before a second coat can be applied. The colours are gloriously pastel and ideal for any season. I personally would opt for the grey, pink or beige during these colder South African months. The polish is long lasting and does not peel off easily.






My personal favourite nail paint hue from the Ralo Pastel Petals range is the grey. It is a subtle pastel grey shade that complements my tanned skin tone perfectly. It is a statement colour in its own subtle way. I also like the pastel pink and beige for a more natural looking nail  effect.







Tips for polish:
1. Upon visiting a spa in Kingdom Come Resort near Suncity, I was told its better to regularly file your nails to the desired length than clip them using a nail scissors or cutter. The desired shape (albeit square or round ) can be effectively achieved with a simple nail file.
2. To paint nails start with the perfect nail. It is essential to push cuticles back and cut of any excess skin that obstructs the full surface of the nail from being clearly shown. This is an essential preparatory step to ensure neat polish worthy nails.
3. Time may be an issue but a quick nail smoothen, buff and shine is also a good nail prep tool.
4. When painting nails always stick to painting in one direction. To avoid a lumpy looking polish finish start at the cuticle and paint in an upward motion.
5. Allow the first coat to completely dry before going in with a second coat. Again paint in the exact same direction to avoid lumpy looking nails.
6. Keep nail remover pads ready just in case mess occurs. I personally prefer the round pads that were pre soaked with nail polish as opposed to using the liquid nail polish remover.
7. Blow drying the nails helps wet nails dry faster but sometimes whilst holding the dryer your nails can spoil. Allow nails to air dry as you drift away into lala lala land.

Comments

Popular Posts