Beautifully wrapped in a little lace

The little lace dress that tore at my heart strings and captivated my soul.................................

Beauty Bulletin surely delivered on their promise to deliver a little lace dress.  The AVON fragrance called "Little Lace Dress" came in the perfect little lace-like gift box. To much of my friends surprise the little lace dress that fitted perfectly in the oh so gorgeous box was no lace dress but rather a lacy perfume bottle called little lace dress......

There is something so sensual about the idea of a little lace dress. The idea of being wrapped in the soft lace evokes a feeling of sensuality at its best and the little lace dress fragrance by AVON is nothing short of a sensual scent accompanied by sheer eloquence. Once the liquid escapes the bottle the fragrance is left lingering in the air leaving one baffled as to the components that went into creating such a sultry smell. A subtle hint of sweet mixed with an ever so slight strong aroma surely defines the concept of a lace dress perfectly- sweet yet so spicy.

The lace fragrance has layers of lady-like blooming jasmine, a dot of Indonesian dark patchouli, an essence of vanilla all heightened by the smell of mask.




A tingle formed on the surface of my skin, on my inner wrist area right close to my beating pulse when I sprayed one squirt of the little lace dress scent. The idea of being engulfed in lace like scent overwhelmed me, tickling my fancy to the core. I am all for branded fragrances with the hefty price tags but this Avon fragrance surely is worth every cent and can stand in stark comparison to those fragrances with an above R1000 price tag.

I would recommend the fragrance as the perfect bridal shower or wedding gift for a friend. However, I doubt you'll ever want to part with the fragrance or share it with anyone once you buy it.
Enjoy falling in love with timeless elegance......................................................

Speaking of flowers and all things bright....




The secret Garden by Katie Fforde
The reason I was all the more eager to read this Penguin release was I always a fan of the Secret Garden story and I had yet to see if this Secret Garden matched up to my expectations of a story by a different author yet with the same name.
I have to start it was a wonderful read from start to finish it made me believe in love and happy ever afters. You will want to go out and smell the roses after reading this one.

The story revolves around the lives of two working friends, Phily, Lorna. Both girls are constantly linked to friends and family yet neither have opened the door to their heart. As the two friends embark on the journey of life facing many thorns along their pathways, they un-expectantly stumble across an ancient and secret garden.
The garden does introduce change... The question remains if the change will complicate their lives further or will the garden change their outlook on love.

Honestly: I was disappointed at how late the garden which I believed was the main element of the story made an appearance in the story.However, Katie is such a delightful author whose stories are always enjoyable. I liked that it was an easy read and one I could read while on a trip with the family. I didn't need to concentrate too much as the love story was somewhat predictable.  It is best read outdoors (preferably in a garden) and it is sunshine filled reading.





Comments

Popular Posts