FALLEN

Some angels are destined to fall..... Some angels are destined to win...


During the month of December, Dramatic Dollhouse and Penguin Books SA  held a fallen competition. With the winner having been drawn and the book kindly delivered to her by Penguin books,  a FALLEN book review is in order. I waited this long as I wished to see the movie before taking on the review, however, like all destined things, I wasn't destined to watch the film. From car troubles to awful rain I ended up missing the FALLEN movie. The trailer got me pulling my hair out and how destiny had worked against me and how the ANGELS had prevented me from enjoying the movie just as much as I have the book.


It's been a long wait until a fantasy along the lines of Twilight and Harry Potter. Yet Lauren Kate's FALLEN has proved to be worth the wait. Its a great read for teenagers and has all the markings of an epic love story doomed by the fictional twists and turns that real life never offers us. The way the setting of Sword & Cross is depicted in the book allows you to actually recreate the picture of the dreary buildings meant to keep delinquents inside. Sword & Cross is no ordinary school and every student dressed alike in black attire has a daunting past.  Through the whispers behind statues and the tension that fills the air it becomes clear to our protégé Lucinda Price that there's more then meets the eye with certain students at the school. Unfortunately Lucinda's eyes are stuck on Daniel. What lies in the dark shadows that surrounds Lucinda? Why can she not shake the feeling of Deja Vu whenever she sees Daniel. Is she falling too deep or is Daniel the FALLEN one?


The winner sent DRAMATIC DOLLHOUSE a picture of her prize as soon as it arrived:

Comments

Popular Posts