ASSASSIN'S CREED MEETS STARWARS ROUGE ONE

I AM NOT A STARWARS NOR ASSASSIN'S CREED FAN.....

There I've confessed. By now you most probably throwing eggs at me....

When Penguin Random House SA sent out a press list I selected both books to read as I wanted to change my opinion on them both. Needless to say I didn't enthusiastically run to read either when they arrived at my door. It took me time and with the much needed motivation from my students I have successfully read them both.

STAR WARS ROGUE ONE STORY

There is no denying that Alexander Freed has the neck for writing. I feel he has met expectations with regards to his writing in Rogue One.  The way STAR WARS is written is marvellous and enthralling. This tale deals mostly with the Rebellion who have come to terms with a looming plot to bring the world to its knees. From the book cover it becomes clear that the main character is a female. Jyn Erso is our heroine who tells most of the story. I did enjoy the story although I remained baffled at many parts throughout the story. I am still not truly sold into the STAR WARS saga but I did enjoy the read and am hoping to read it once more this year.



ASSASSIN'S CREED

I was more engrossed in this book than I was in STAR WARS. It followed one man's quest to take on the powerful Templar Organization. This is the result of the main character Callum finding out he is a descendent of the society known as the ASSASSINS.

I personally liked Assassin's creed simply because I had company reading it. One of my students read it at the same time as I did which made for excellent discussion time and conversation points. It helps having a reading partner when it comes to reading this genre of books.

Both these reads are available from Penguin Books South Africa.




Comments

Popular Posts