Laila and Lashes

I just accepted a freelance post as a copy writer and although I love the job it leaves me with not a minute to spare for much else. The blog has taken a back step, however, since it is the holiday I promise to bring you guys back to speed.

This year has been eventful to say the least. I got to feel what being a VIP at events really means. Getting tickets to many an events has been all too exciting. The products I received this year to review and try were off the charts. I got to blossom as a makeup artist as well, bracing my fears and accepting clients. I also got to try out as a ghost writer for an upcoming novel (fingers crossed all goes well there). Its been busy but oh so worth it.

Though the year was indeed busy it was a blast. My make up artist attempt was super fun but I have to admit the worst part of being a make up artist is applying falsies. We all have to acknowledge that lashes are by far the thing that adds the most drama to any make up look. I remember on my engagement day, it was also a struggle for my artist to get them on so I ended up not wearing any lashes. Inevitably it worked out for the best because the "Better Than Sex" mascara surely was a winner that coated my lashes from root to tip perfectly. (Ps The Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara was voted the best mascara in sight this year).

Still false lashes are important and that's why this post is dedicated to lashes.

The Eylure brand is a well known and a best lash brand and is of a reasonable price range. I was over the moon when I received my lashes from the brand. The lashes are perfectly shaped to suit any look from drama to a more natural make up look. 







Things I love about Eylure:
-The affordability
-The lash designs ( I can find a range to suit my every fancy be it a posh event or a whimsical event that I need lashes for)
-The durability. Eylure lashes are long lasting if cleaned and looked after properly.
-My blinks are on point with Eylure.
-The lashes are lightweight making them comfortable to wear.
-The box that they come in make for easy storage.
-The lash glue is white which is less messy than black lash glue.

Things I am not so gaga about from the Eylure range:
Mainly the glue. The glue comes in an easy to use small container but I'm really not a fan of this lash glue. It doesn't promise as strong a hold as other lash glues like MAC behind the counter lash glue.
It finishes too quickly. The lashes are long wearing but you run out of glue after about 5 applications so you remain with lashes that can be reused but no glue.

Solution
Purchase Eylure lashes.
Purchase a behind the counter strong (preferably clear) duo adhesive glue
Keep the mini Eylure glue as a bag essential for lash touch ups during the day.

Steps to applying falsies.
Firstly apply a layer or two of mascara to the natural lashes and curl the lashes.
Hold the false lashes at its tip against your eyes to measure if it fits from corner to corner.
If it is too long for your natural eyelash line, trim it using a nail scissor. Trim before applying the falsie don't make the mistake of trimming the falsies once glued.
Apply lash glue to the lash spine. Once glue is applied wait for a minute or two for he glue to dry slightly and become a sticky consistency. Don't apply too much glue.
Start applying the lashes from the outer corner where the natural lashes start and gently bring them across to where the natural lashes end in the inner corner.
With a Q-tip apply pressure to the front, middle and end of the lashes.
Apply mascara to false lashes as well to clump the false and real lashes together and make the lashes look more natural.



Eylure tools to ease application
Eylure has an eye lash curler.
Eylure also has lash applicator that gets so close to the natural lash line it allows for easy application.

On the subject of lashes...

JUST RECEIVED MY ZAYN AUTOBIOGRAPHY FROM PENGUIN BOOK SOUTH AFRICA. I'LL POST PICTURES TO SHOW YOU WHAT COULD BE ADDED TO YOUR BOOK COLLECTION AS WELL.



Comments

Popular Posts