Bridget Jones's Baby THE DIARIES






                                                                                                                         FRIDAY 28 OCTOBER
I started reading Bridget Jones's Baby THE DIARIES, and realized that the entire novel was easy reading that flowed smoothly and was effortless.

14:30 p.m. I could not put the book down so I sat reading whilst watching TITANIC for the 100th time.

15:05 p.m.  I'm reaching the end of the novel (Chapter 13) and I am experiencing serious withdrawal symptoms. I need to know how it ends but if it ends, I'll have to escape the clumsy world of Bridget who is torn between the F***wit Daniel who is really conceited but you can't help adore his charm and conceitedness and the heavily British Mark Darcy. Mark Darcy displays all the qualities of a typical British male and although he cannot express his feelings as confidently, is a really a big teddy bear who craves love and affection.

17:00 p.m. I had to close the book to go out to get supper.  A greasy burger and a large fries, I surely hope I won't be feeling like a fatty just like Jones after this meal.(Bridget has invaded my thinking even when the book is out of sight out of mind). Half a burger complete, I think that will be all I'll be putting down today.

                                                                                                                         SUNDAY 30 OCTOBER
20:30 p.m. Finished reading Bridget Jones and I crave more. Sometimes reading about someone whose life starts stirring up so much trouble and ends up with a perfectly cooked meal is so refreshing. I feel like my spirits have been uplifted. Happy endings for Bridget... By Golly! I think I may be getting a bout of Summer flu.

Bridget Jones's Baby THE DIARIES was really worth the read, being my first novel in the Bridget Jones's The Diaries series. Having watched all the Bridget movies, I caught onto the book rather quickly and although I'm not in the least bit a fan of Renee Zellweger, I have to say after reading this Bridget book, she adapts to the role of Bridget effortlessly. She does the ideal portrayal of Bridget who is strategically written by Fielding in the novel. I found myself picturing Renee as I read the book. This one is certainly a feel good book that will have you giggling from cover to cover. It is also for those who hate reading, it is an easy read that will melt your heart like cheesy potatoes. I recommend gifting this book as a baby shower gift to a newly expecting mum. The humorous way in which pregnancy is depicted in the novel is relatable for anyone expecting.

                                                                                                                       MONDAY 31 OCTOBER
The good news is that Dramatic Dollhouse along with Penguin Books South Africa and Penguin RandomHouse South Africa will be doing a Bridget Jones's Baby giveaway. The lucky winner will be selected on Friday 4 November 2016. To enter all you have to do is comment on this post with your email address or send me an email lailaabramjee@gmail.com with your name and surname. Also if you follow laila2325, PenguinSA and PenguinRandomHouseSA and like the post on Bridget The Baby book on my Instagram,  you will automatically be entered into the competition. Winner is selected at random. All winners will be notified on Friday 4 November via email and on Instagram. The competition is brought to you by Penguin South Africa and Penguin Random House SA. Good luck!


Comments

Popular Posts