BE BOLD, BE BYS

Being a freelance journalist, make up blogger and make up artist has afforded me many opportunities to experiment with many brands of make up from time and time again. From Too Faced cosmetics right until Essence, I've tried them all. As soon as the weekend sets in, many of my Saturday and Sunday nights involve hosting make up parties for my besties in my pink dollhouse-like bedroom. We test makeup, play with make and just try everything with makeup before  we decide that we finally loving our look and  head out to paint the town RED and show off our "on fleek" made up faces.

I was no stranger to BYS cosmetics when it landed on the dramatic dollhouse and Teenzone beauty desk. I had one or two products from the brand prior to my dramatic introduction to the vast array of eyeliners, nail paints, blushers, concealers and even brushes that BYS cosmetics has to offer. Initially having a product that I used once or twice before it got taken over by mummy dearest, I didn't think the brand would be as impressive as my experience with the brand turned out to be. The eyeliners wowed me and just about everything that came presented in the BYS goodies box had me in awe of the fact that cheaper brands still can step up a notch, presenting fabulous goodies that look as good as their more expensive counterparts. For this particular brand I was persistent on completing Face charts so that I could play around with the different shadows and lip shades before I made my judgement on the products. I absolutely loved the way my face charts turned out with the amalgamation of nude and neon shadows, powders and blushers. Being a MAC face chart person, I've never completed a face chart with any products other than MAC but I was glad I ended up using BYS to fill up my Face chart book.


As you guys have read on the blog I love trying new make up brands especially the more affordable ones that can compete with the best of the best. BYS is certainly a quality make up brand which is affordable as well as long lasting. There are certain products in the range that offers pure quality and a luxurious finish. My personal favourites from the brand includes:  the BYS Face primer which is creamlike and can be easily applied all over the face. (A cream like primer is so exciting for those days when you forget to apply your moisturizer before starting your make up routine). The primer acts as the perfect base for foundation and the make up sticks onto primer lasting for the better parts of the day. Let's talk fairy dust and sprinkles: the BYS eyeshadow powders are highly pigmented loose particles which glides on prep'd eyelids effortlessly. Most of the eyeshadows including the nude colours have a high colour payoff and looks best when applied with a damp brush. (Judging from the fact that BYS brushes includes an angled brush, an eyeshadow applicator and a smudge brush: one surely can't go wrong with shadows). The blushers have also become a personal favourite of mine with the soft coral candyfloss blush looking as yummy on the face as actual cotton candy itself. One of the BYS products that I can't live a day without is the black eyeliner. I can safely say the pencil is easy to work with- leaving my wings perfect and angel-like. A foundation brush which is soft on the face and does not soak up too much product, yes please! We have a winner, the BYS foundation brush surely feels like carpet on your skin.




The BYS arrival although much appreciated was overwhelming since I had barely any space in my make up cases to keep these beauty products. Thus I used a basket and stackable boxes (that I got for free from CII) to store my BYS products. The fact that the basket is open makes it easy to find and access products.  I love DIY projects and I was glad that my first DIY missions was incited by the fabulous cosmetic brand BYS. After a successful make up storage container, I used a paint tin bought at CLICKS and a glass vase which was gifted to me to store my daily used make up brushes. The ease of storing the brushes in an open container on ones dressing table really helps when you a make up artist and need certain brushes as soon as possible.











So my journey with BYS continues as I am in the process of perfecting my article on BYS and doing a short and sweet video make up tutorial for Teenzone Magazine. Although its Monday and my Mondays are always kind of blue, I'm choosing to paint my nails in bright neon pink. I guess a Pink Monday will surely beat the colourless days during the rest of this week.

Visit www.bys.co.za to get your make up fix. Plus there is exciting competitions up on site and if you lucky enough BYS might be arriving at your door.

Alternatively contact Imtyaaz: (011) 830 1396 or imty@bys.co.za

Comments

Popular Posts