The Crew wrapped in Raffia

The one thing that we now miss due to hours passing us by like a train on the railway tracks is time to sit down and just be alone with the thoughts causing a ruckus in our brains. The fact that life, particularly Johannesburg life is so fast paced makes it difficult for us to even take a break and sit alone in our favourite coffee shop one afternoon. It was this week that I decided breaks are most certainly needed. So on Monday I spent the entire day in bed enjoying the quietness and serenity my extremely pink room offered. My catch of that night was calamari heads at Ocean Basket with my family of eight. It was refreshing to just relax and have delightful supper conversations and just forget how hectic life can be whilst simultaneously enjoying the scrumptious treats the night had to offer. On the Tuesday that followed, I went to the cinema with my niece to catch a few laughs with the family from My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2. The family romcom proved entirely apt because my family is heading for a big wedding this coming weekend. We might not be Greek but Big Fat Indian Weddings have enough masala and spices to heat up any weekend and a few laughs are sure to follow. Friday afternoon had me being treated by two newly made friends at Fego cafĂ©. The date came served with  a chicken basket, vanilla milkshake and a wonderful conversation. It was also a week where I got to leave my hair loose and just enjoy life being worry free and work free. Sometimes its the moments where we hardly do anything that allows us to be even more productive when we actually have to get our hands dirty and do some work.

I guess the break allowed my brain and body the much needed rest and now my blog fingers has started working again too.....

Now back to the wedding and "The Crew" also known as my family......
We spent the weekend adding personal touches to the dĂ©cor for the upcoming wedding that is going to be "Rustic" themed. A crew of people really does do wonders and gets tasks done efficiently in time. So metres and metres of raffia and ribbon later, we finally created these.


                                                 (Wooden cutlery for a wedding feast)


Another crew that proved inspirational for me this month especially since wedding parcels and birthday gifts stole the spotlight -American Crew. (I bet my female readers are the ones baffled about what American Crew is.)  So American Crew basically revolutionized male styling and made male grooming exciting.(Think Elvis kind of styling). So when Retail Box ran an American Crew competition on Instagram , I eagerly entered it, knowing fully well that I was female and though the shampoo bottle up for grabs excited me it would be of no use to me. So Ladyluck was on my side yet again and I won the hamper round about at the end of January. My Retailbox gift arrived at my door with enough pomp and splendour that my heart melted instantly. (I would never have expected that these male products would arrive in a box so neatly packed and parcelled with so much care and affection).
-


The pink raffia shreds that filled the box smelt so yummy (I wanted to eat it). The products contained  in tubs and bottles that made my inner container collector want to jump for joy.




Whether they admit it or not, males love to be well- groomed too. Offer to manicure their nails, give them a massage or even shampoo their hair (Indian head massage included) and I can guarantee they won't turn down your offer in a hurry. So why then shouldn't men or your significant other head on to the Retail Box website and treat themselves to haircare and grooming products luxury? Or rather why can't you treat your better half to grooming wonder just out of the blue?

From a personal point of view I think an American Crew parcel for a groom is sure to turn a few heads and make the groom feel like his needs are being considered by the bride's family. Needless to say if he is a groom who is oblivious to male grooming or unaware of the delicious products available for him then after the parcel he will surely learn more about grooming and just how exciting grooming can be. 







So February saw me gifting my American Crew Foaming Cream to my better half along with his birthday gift. I clung onto it for as long as I could but to no avail as the foaming cream served no function to me. However, I put the shampoo to the test on my own hair. I wanted to see if there was a major difference between male and female shampoos. I think because I was overjoyed to try it, I really enjoyed my shampooing experience. The smell was incredible and my hair was left feeling smooth and shiny. So I guess ladies you can rest assured that an American crew present for your groom could be of use to you as well.


Another use for American Crew Shampoo: It acts as the perfect solvent degreaser to get rid of foundation and powder residue on your precious make up brushes. Plus it leaves brush hairs smelling amazing...... It is a must try!!!!!


American Crew Website: http://us.americancrew.com/
Retail Box Website: http://www.retailbox.co.za/



Comments

Popular Posts