Change and CATRICE

                                      

                                                      Catrice Glam & Doll False Lash...

Catrice Kohl Kajal 220 Grey-Z

Since my blog fingers went off walking all over my computer keyboard today, I decided to fill you guys in on all the latest and greatest whilst time, concentration and availability permitted. We all know that feeling when life gets crazy busy and things start to lag behind. With me, I often take out my busy schedule on my blog, neglecting it for a few days but then feeling guilty as hell and missing the voice that it offers. The start of this year saw me embark on many new ventures to say the least, it saw disappointment knock at my door way too often and it had me gain some things but lose things in the process. The thing about this year was that whether I like to admit it or not, I changed. My idea of things like fairy-tale weddings and joy in itself changed. I started  being content with just being me and having the chance to spend time with people I love and adore. Joy started creeping up in the littlest of things, like a book giveaway on the blog, another blog view, a special delivery, a EPK, a highlighted cheekbone that stood out or covering a dark under-eye bag to the best of my make up ability. This year I learnt  the true joy comes not from finding someone to love but by working on loving someone forever, from not perfecting the overdone contour line but by creating your own type of contour and by colouring outside of the lines before you play it safe and colour within the lines. I guess every change comes with new opportunity, style, possibilities and hope but change also means letting go of the known, the comfortable and the stagnation.


My tendency to constantly feel cold (even when other people are dressed with mini skirts and crop tops) has me sitting comfortably on my bed, Indian tea in hand and heater warmly adjusted on a foot stool next to me as I write this post about change. Another change headed our way is the change in season. So when the CATRICE Press Release found a  way to my email inbox, I was delighted. I am out to play with my makeup this Autumn and Winter and change up my style and I knew exploring and testing the new CATRICE products is a sure way towards getting me to that make up evolution.

(NB: ALL THE PICTURES USED IN THIS BLOGPOST WERE SOURCED VIA THE MEDIABOX WEBSITE ONLY ACCESSIBLE WITH A SPECIAL PASSWORD.)

For eyes during the autumn and winter months, CATRICE encourages any shade of blue. Blues paired with blacks, off-whites, neutrals and grey.
Personally I am a fan of Icy blue coupled with a darkish brown almost chocolate like colour. Although I've only so often mixed a turquois blue with a hint of pure shimmery white.

So from CATRICE'S new range of shadows I set to achieve this desired look:

Step 1: Use CATRICE HIGHLIGHTING Eye-shadow as a highlighter on the entire eyelid right up till the brow bone. Pay special attention to highlight the inner corner of your eye all the way to the inner corner of your bottom lash line for that added drama. The colour highlighting shadow I chose for those icy Winter/ Autumn months was Turn The Lights On! which is a shimmery white colour which will add to that icy snow queen feel.
Price: R 49.95

Step 2: The newly launched SAND NUDES palate by CATRICE will act as a perfect transition shade for your crease. I preferably would love to play with the three colours on the right or the whitish mother of pearl colour on the far left as a transition shade.
Catrice Sand Nudes Eyeshadow P...
Price: R 89.95

Step 3:Uusing CATRICE Eye'matic eye-shadow pen which requires no eye shadow brush as the sponge applicator acts as your brush is the destined tool to amp out my Wintery look. My preferred colour is West White Story which can be used to add drama to your lower lash line and to re-dramatize the inner corner of your eyes.
Price: R 69.95Catr. Eye'Matic Eyepowder Pen



Step 4: Add a pop of shadow to your lid. My chosen shade is not a fairly new shade but nevertheless is the CATRICE The Big Blue Theory.

                                                         Catrice Absolute Eye Colour 98...
Step 5: Cat line your upper lash line with the brand's Smokey Matt Powder Eyeliner. It has a loose black powdery texture and feel that can be neatly applied with the sponge applicator.

                                               
                               Price: R 69. 95

Step 6: Line your top and bottom waterline with CATRICE Kohl-Kajal in Grey-Z

                                                               Catrice Kohl Kajal 220 Grey-Z
Lastly volumize those lases with CATRICE Glam & Doll False Lashes Mascara. The curved Elastomer brush is perfectly crafted to reach each and every individual lash coating them with a deep black colour providing the intensity you need to wrap up your sultry eyes.
                
Catrice Glam & Doll False Lash...                                R 69.95

Let your lips do the talking this winter and as CATRICE will have it, the dusty pink lip or the pale orange is in. Remember blue and orange lies opposite each other on the colour wheel and will result in the perfect eye-lip pair. CATRICE promotes the wet, shiny pout this Autumn and Winter.
                                                                    
For the Lips: Don't over do it on your lips. You added dimension to your eyes so all it takes is that orangey shine on your lips. The CATRICE Luxury Lips Intensive Care Gloss is a combination of Jojoba, argan and camellia oils and is set to fight the harshness that the cold brings with it causing lips to chap and peel. Prevent that this Winter with this Glossy, Gloss, Gloss... I went with the orange colour payoff choosing the shade Spending All My Honey.(Without spending all my money).
                                                                         Catrice Luxury Lips Intensive...R 61.95
                                                                                                         
Face The Cold: CATRICE calls for healthy and radiant looking faces this winter and they came up with an awesome pink primer (my inner Barbie Doll dances with delight) to achieve this.
The CATRICE Prime And Fine Beautifying Primer is a nourishing vitamin E infused base with pearl-pigments giving ones face an incredible glow. The primer can be worn on its on to subtly satin up your skin or can be a long lasting formula when worn under foundation.

                         Price: R 79.95                                        

Subtle contours is also stated by the brand as Winters must have and there's no better way to achieve an ever so slight contour than with CATRICE Allround Contouring Palette. The palette consists of creamy matte textures to effectively contour and highlight. Pictograms offered on the reverse side of the palette to provide tips for use.
Catrice Allround Contouring Pa...Price: R 69.95


Add some shimmer on the tops of your cheek bones with High Glow Mineral Highlighting Powder. The ultra-fine reflecting pigments creates a porcelain radiance on your skin.
                                                   Catrice High Glow Mineral High...Price: R 89.95


Finally matte your face with CATRICE Nude Illusion Loose Powder. Dust on the magic powder with a large powder brush so that the powder particles can absorb excess oils giving the skin a matte finish.
Catrice Nude Illusion Loose Po...

Comments

Popular Posts