The Dark Side



My most recent MAC shopping trip had me picking this baby up. The purple packaging stole my heart instantly and I had to try out products in the range.I always end up loving MAC lipsticks especially because of their mind-blowing vanilla scent. However this lipstick stole my heart as the colour was dark yet exciting and I knew it would be one that would suit both the fairest to darkest of skin types if applied correctly. 

This lipstick is the MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick and the colour is Dark Side.

Lipsticks ought to match your mood. I'm thinking the mood for wearing this is mischievous. Think Maleficent!!!!
 I think I may love this lip colour more in autumn or winter as it would bring that needed warmth to my lips during the colder months.Brunettes or black hair colour wearers will look amazing with this colour on their lips so will blondes with blueish/greenish eyes. 
The colour is a deep reddish/plumish almost burgandy shade and the minute I applied it I thought of black cherries. The intensity was amazing and the colour payoff certainly worth it. 


Colour swatch against my tanned brown skin

My Lip secret routine:
 I start my lip routine with some Cha Cha lip balm by Benefit. (I do this early in the morning to give the balm enough time to moisturize my lips ).
I personally prefer to touch up my lips last during my make up routine. I gently roll a Q- Tip over my lips to remove any dry skin and the excess balm.(Removing the balm makes my lips less moist so that I can line them perfectly).
Thereafter I line my full lips with a liner. For this shade of lipstick,  I've been loving the MAC Whirl Lip liner. (Think Kylie Jenner lip colour).
Thereafter I add some of my Dark Side Amplified Creme Lipstick. I don't reapply a further coat as I feel one application results in a strong enough colour payoff.( Beware applying too much could end with the colour settling in the crease under your lips)
Lastly I conceal around the edges of my lips in case I had any lipstick fallout.I end by blotting my lips with a tissue so the colour looks more like a lip stain than an actual lipstick application.

Despite the vivid vanilla scent, the lipstick had me thinking of black cherry and I knew I was craving the FIRDOUS black cherry coridal mix.


The drink of the dark side!!!!!!


Comments

Popular Posts