Lady Luck

Luck strikes when you least expect it....Magic wand? Please! My luck came in the form of a fanbrush!!!!

2015 can certainly be called my lucky year. I was fortunate enough to have won a bursary to do a part time course in Make Up at LISOF fashion school (http://www.lisof.co.za/). The competition was featured in Grazia magazine (http://www.graziadaily.co.za/) and needless to say I jumped at my chance of winning. The competition saw me winning double tickets to see the Yves Saint Laurent movie as well as being surprisingly selected to start the makeup course in July. 

Studying make up was challenging for me at first because my knowledge of make up was limited to say the least. Make up brands initially flew over my head and my brush knowledge started and ended with the famous blush brush. I am glad that I didn't back down from the challenge and trusted the powder puff and translucent powder that was at my disposal.


Just like that Christmas for me came in July when I realized my make up toolkit consisted of MAC make up.
The course saw me gaining confidence in my make up skills as well as putting my all into achieving that camera perfect Kardashian cheek contour. 

Luckily for me, LISOF invites all their make up students to attend MAC workshops hosted at the university so I got to attend a MAC bridal workshop as well.

With my sponge in hand and my stipple brush ready, I can now say that makeup is life. 

Luck struck again rather recently when I happened to win a Smashbox "how to brow" competition. The Smashbox primer certainly minimizes the appearance of my pores and just like that I can truly say that this Cinderella needs no Fairy Godmother- the right set of brushes and products are sure enough to make the magic needed to turn Cinder into a Princess.


Comments

Popular Posts