FABLES AND FABRE

Setting the scene: The rain roared loudly outside but I was expecting water in another form that Friday night. Water in a spray can. (Yes, you read right...water in a spray can).

At roughly 6 0' clock that evening my EAU THERMALE Avene package arrived at my door. The rain continued to pour while I opened the  package generously sent to me by the EAU THERMALE Avene team. Needless to say I was transported to Paris in the past that night while the rain rumbled in the background.






Unlocking the mystery of the spring: According to a folklore, in 1739 the horse of the Marquis of Rocozel had a bad case of pruritus (severe itching of the skin), he galloped towards a spring flowing nearby and after drinking and rolling in the water, this horse was mysteriously heeled. This led to the discovery of the soothing properties of the Avene Thermale spring water. 
In 1975 Mr. Pierre Fabre took ownership of a hydrotherapy center and in 1990 he decided to make this beneficial water accessible to many in the form of cosmetic products and voila the EAU Thermale Avene brand was launched. 

The magical twist: Apparently rainwater filters down through the rocks to reach the deepest underground layers. During this magical journey the water acquires its own unique composition. The Thermal Water emerges purified and clean at the Sainte-Oldie spring. The low mineral content of Avene water makes it gentle. Many friends who travelled to Paris mentioned that ordinary tap water in Paris was rather rough and ungentle on one's skin hence the thermale Avene products are best used as a substitute to ordinary water when using water on the skin.
The thermal spring water was discovered to contain active molecules (aqua.dolomiae) and this is why thermale Avene products has soothing and anti-irritating properties. The spring waters purity is ensured from the spring to the user as various variables are considered and many strategies are put into place to secure the spring water's pureness.








Transporting back to SA in 2015: After taking a trip to Paris in the past, I was more eager to try and test these products on myself. The Thermal Spring Water was my first target. 



I used my EAU Thermale Avene spring water to remove my makeup and to set my make up. (If you looking for an alternative to the MAC FIX+ Spray, I would suggest this as it has more uses than just setting make up). Also after my red face from the braai I attended on Saturday, my spring water was God sent. I also used the spring water as an alternative to the usual cucumber slices I use to soothe my eyes. I simply sprayed the water onto cotton pads, placed it on my closed eyelids and relaxed. Other uses of the spring water includes re-plumping skin, calming razor burn, controlling nappy rashes, reducing facial redness and itchiness. It is also ideal to use post sports training, post laser treatment, while travelling, on sunburn and on damaged skin to speed up the healing.
(P.S Since South African heat has us burning up all day long, I recommend spring water for instant cooling. Plus rest assured that your make up will stay glamorous as you cool down.)


No wonder over 100 million spring water sprays have been sold since its creation. My spray is certainly a handbag essential.
Retail Price: R149.95


Next, I tried and tested the cold cream. I was given a cold cream for my face and hands, one specifically for my hands and one for my body. 



The scented cold cream is soft and gentle on the skin. The beautiful scent makes it worth the use.  I was most impressed with the facial cold cream that left my face incredibly glowy (one of those natural glows). The facial cream works well as a base to add make up on, once the moisturizer has completely marinated into the skin. The hand cream comes in a nifty container and fits well in any handbag; big or small. The body lotion is my current daily after bathing lotion. 



The happy ending: This product drop off allowed me to unlock the rich history of the magical spring and get a taste of the magic spring from the comfort of my own home in South Africa. I was awed by the products and grateful by the helpfulness and wonderful service provided by the EAU Thermale Avene team.




Like the EAU Thermal Avene page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AveneSouthAfrica/

FABLE FEEDBACK: Your feedback matters. Let me know if you've used and loved this product. Are you excited to try these products? 
(Sent through comments and opinions which will be featured on my blog).




Comments

Popular Posts